Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Spay Options - surgical laser vs sutures?

390 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  davmar77
For those of you who opt to spay/neuter your dog, would you recommend paying a couple hundred more for surgical laser? Looking into this ahead of time since the clinics in my area book up a couple months in advance 😬

My local vet does not provide this option and said Nova “may” require suture removal depending on whether or not they can use dissolvable sutures. However, a nearby animal hospital provides this option.
For those of you who opt to spay/neuter your dog, would you recommend paying a couple hundred more for surgical laser? Looking into this ahead of time since the clinics in my area book up a couple months in advance 😬

My local vet does not provide this option and said Nova “may” require suture removal depending on whether or not they can use dissolvable sutures. However, a nearby animal hospital provides this option.
See more
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Super Moderator
3,374 Posts
My vet did not have this option, worked out fine for me, my girl’s incision was around 1/2 inch long only, very tiny. Her sutures were dissolvable and very neat. So in response I would not.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts