Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Chelsea
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadie gets spayed today. Got to drop her off around 8:30 this morning.

Wish us luck!

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
I'm sure everything will go fine today. It's always hard when dropping them off for a surgery.

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Thinking of Sadie today! I am sure she will do great!

·
Chelsea
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you.

Dropped her off a couple hours ago. I can pick her up around 4:30pm. The vet tech said she will call when she wakes up from surgery.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Sadie gets spayed today. Got to drop her off around 8:30 this morning.

Wish us luck!
Sadie will be fine. I am just surprised your vet doesn't keep her overnight. When Izzy was spayed at 6 months she stayed over and it was so much better than having her come home. When I picked her up the next day, the anesthesia was out of her system and she was almost back to her old self.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Its always hard to drop them off for any procedure, but I was nervous as well. My Lucy did fine, and I picked her up 3 hours after her surgery. She will most likely be pretty "out of it" for the first night. Good Luck and I will be thinkng of Sadie.

·
Chelsea
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They just called about 30 min. ago. She is all done with surgery and is awake now. Phew!! I was so worried. Now I have to wait a couple hours till I can see her xrays. I guess they will give them to me on a disc. Hope her hip xrays are fine.

I was considering my normal vet and another vet I boarded her with. The other vet kept them overnight, which I kind of wanted in the beginning. But if nobody is there at night watching over her, i'd feel so much better bringing her home and sleeping next to her.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Glad to hear that all went well. Let the spoiling begin! :)

·
Registered
582 Posts
They just called about 30 min. ago. She is all done with surgery and is awake now. Phew!! I was so worried. Now I have to wait a couple hours till I can see her xrays. I guess they will give them to me on a disc. Hope her hip xrays are fine.

I was considering my normal vet and another vet I boarded her with. The other vet kept them overnight, which I kind of wanted in the beginning. But if nobody is there at night watching over her, i'd feel so much better bringing her home and sleeping next to her.
That's exactly what I did and I discovered that our couch actually makes a rather comfy bed - lol. Glad to hear Sadie's surgery went so well. Crossing my fingers that her hips are all good for you. We didn't get Zali's x-rays which I find odd since I did pay $200 for them to be done. I might ask about that actually because I might need them for reference down the track.

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Yay! I am glad she woke up alright! I am also happy you decided to take her home with you instead of leaving her there overnight.

·
Mom to Molly, 1 year
85 Posts
I am sure she will be happy to be home. Our Molly got spayed 2 weeks ago today. The first 24 hours home was not easy. She was out of it and the anesthesia made her throw up a number of times. We couldn't get her to eat until she had been home 24 hours, so we couldn't give her the pain pills the vet sent home until she ate. Just be prepared to baby her a ton for 24 hours, then after that be prepared to have a busy girl on your hands that doesn't understand that the vet said to take it easy for a while.

Let us know how it goes.

·
Chelsea
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We picked her up at 4:30 yesterday afternoon. She came out and had some poo on her, which the cleaned up for us. She wouldn't sit down on the car ride home. I took her out around 7pm to pee and then again at 9pm. She ate a little bit in the evening also.

The vet tech came out and said that the vet noticed some changes on her right hip. She didn't say the D word though. The vet was in surgery, so she said he will call today. We can pick up the xray on a cd around wednesday. I was so upset I started crying. She didn't say it was real bad, just some minor things. So i'll see what he says. The whole thing just makes me sick.

Anyway, she's doing good this morning. Went out and peed. Ate a little bit. I gave her the pain meds for today. Now she's back sleeping with her cone. Poor thing took forever to get comfortable.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I have just been through this with Zali (re hips). I have SO been where you are in your head right now. If you need to talk, please don't hesitate to PM me. It really is not the end of the world (which I know it feels like it is right now). Hopefully it's very minor and nothing to worry about.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts