Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've got an email from Andi & Fran, that user ama22 spammed him by sending an email/private message which included a phishing spam message.
User ama22 is now banned.
Please let me know if something like this happened to you, so I can keep this forum clean and free of spammers.
Joe

·
Mom to Holly and Rosie
3,174 Posts
Joe,

Thanks so much for taking care of the problem. It's enough work for you to keep the forum running......much less this kind of nonsense!

Fran

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Fran,

some people just amaze me. They would sign up, just to send couple of spam messages, which are so easy to see through, that you would have to be a 5 year old kid to be caught in some stupid scheme like this.

Anyways, thank you guys for letting me know. This user is now banned.

Joe

·
Old Guy
3,258 Posts
Pardon the dumb question but... what is "phishing?" (I realize its probably pronounced "fishing" and is a verb but that still doesn't tell me what it is exactly.) I know I could 'google' it but I'm feeling a bit lazy today.
Thanks...

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In a phishing attack, a fraudster spams the Internet with email claiming to be from a reputable financial institution or e-commerce site. The email message urges the recipient to click on a link to update their personal profile or carry out some transaction. The link takes the victim to a fake website designed to look like the real thing. However, any personal or financial information entered is routed directly to the scammer.Joe

·
Old Guy
3,258 Posts
WOW!!! talk about an instant reply!!! You're like the Flash...

You know I get those things all the time in my e-mail... occasionally I'm clever enough to track it as far as the country of origin and it most often ends up being in Russia somewhere but I hear the Nigerians are getting into the act now. Anyway, thanks for the info...

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You're welcome.
Joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.