Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Golden Obsession
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking Phoebe in Tomorrow to be spade. I have been told usually they bounce right back. I was wondering what to expect or maybe I just need reassurance from you guys , you always make me feel better!
You see about five months ago I took my Golden who was 10 yrs. old because he was not acting right and I never got to take him home, he had an enlarged heart so the thought of leaving her also brings back that painful empty feeling. I do not think there is a more agonizing feeling then walking in that front door and they not being there to greet me!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I dont know how old Phoebe is, but this is usually very routine surgery and they bounce back very quickly... almost normal the next day...
and it is beneficial for long term health.. I am sure it will be fine..

·
The Missouri Crew
13,683 Posts
Phoebe will be fine and back to her old self in no time......The day after Maggie had hers, she was back to being the wildchild she is.......

·
Banned
4,311 Posts
Its a normal procedure. I had Brinkley done at seven months and she did fine. She was a little(and I use that word lightly)quiet when we brought her home that evening. The next day she was ready to go. We just had to watch her jumping because of her stitches. So no worries mom, she will be fine.;)

·
Reyna 1997 to 2004
2,720 Posts
First very sorry for the loss of your 10-year-old. We too took our golden to the vet (about 14 months ago) and unexpectedly came home alone. The feeling is unforgettable.

Your baby, however, will be fine. The worst part is the day of surgery when you're separated. The second worst part is when you try to keep her still and she's feeling so much better!

·
Golden Obsession
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brandy's Mom said:
First very sorry for the loss of your 10-year-old. We too took our golden to the vet (about 14 months ago) and unexpectedly came home alone. The feeling is unforgettable.

Your baby, however, will be fine. The worst part is the day of surgery when you're separated. The second worst part is when you try to keep her still and she's feeling so much better!
Thanks for your understanding! My heart aches for your loss too! How old was your Golden you lost and what was wrong?

·
Reyna 1997 to 2004
2,720 Posts
Reyna was just 7, and had gotten a clean bill of health a few days before she died. One night she apparently had a cancerous tumor burst. We rushed her to the vet but she died within an hour of getting sick.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I'm sure she's going to be fine and dandy in no time. Zazoo was a little loopy the first day from the anesthesia but back to normal the next day looking silly with his "moon" collar around his neck (worn just in case he got the urge to check out the little snip snip spot.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts