Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here, I'm starting a list of breeders in SoCal, from the Mexican border to the Central Valley and Central Coast. I'll add to it as I go. Most will be what I believe to be good and reputable breeders, but there may be a few cautionary tales listed here, too. Feel free to add to my list.

A "*" means that I know the breeder personally and recommend them.
A "!" means that I would not recommend getting a puppy from this breeder.

All * and ! are my own personal opinions, as of the date of this posting, and may change after the time to edit the post expires.

Okay, here we go...

-----------

*24kt Goldens -- Judi Voss 24kt Golden Retrievers

*Autumnwind Goldens -- Linda Isaacson Autumnwind Golden Retrievers, Golden Retrievers, Los Alamitos, California

*Birch Hollow Goldens -- Laura Clarke https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birch...24938630890098

Buttercup Goldens -- Buttercup Goldens - Home (I don't know this breeder but I have seen a couple of her girls in the show ring and know that they are nicely bred.)

*Cabot Ridge Goldens -- Robert Scott Breeders.NET (does not breed often, owner is professional handler)

*Calico Goldens -- Mary Thompson Home

*Crossbow Goldens -- Sharon Hansen Breeders.NET

*Doizaki Goldens -- Hisato Doizaki https://www.facebook.com/hisato.doizaki

Emerald Goldens -- Emerald Acres

*Esquire Golden Retrievers https://www.facebook.com/Esquire-Golden-Retrievers-1759890167561002/

!Eveningstar Goldens -- Gaila Brickus (DO NOT BUY A PUPPY FROM THIS BREEDER! Poor conditions, poorly bred dogs, has faked clearances, imho pedigrees unreliable)

Fable Goldens -- Donna Jacobs Home - www.fablegoldenretrievers.com

*Five Star/Musicur Goldens -- Suzanne Wilson & Star Beckwith Musicur & Five Star Kennels

Gold Fever Goldens -- Maureen Smith goldfever

*Icarian Golden Retrievers -- Ramsey Fadiman Icarian Golden Retrievers

Kate's Goldens -- Kathy Clarke https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kates...30032470407452

!Le Chien D'Or Blanc White Goldens, aka White D Golden Retrievers, aka White Duck Golden Retrievers, aka Golden Retriever Puppies 4 U, aka Golden Retriever Puppies 4 U 2, aka White Dove Ranch, aka Golden Retriever Puppies In Space, aka Platinum Golden Retrievers, aka Carais Golden Retrievers -- Kevin Carais, Mimmi Carais, Lena Sorenson, Lena Duke, Mona Duke, Lena Duke Carais, & Channah Carais. (WARNING!!! See the multiple threads about this breeder, and their threats against anyone critical of their breeding program and ethics. In my personal opinion, I would never recommend getting a puppy from this breeder!)

Miraleste Goldens -- Gloria Henderson

*Premiere Goldens -- Christine & Lauren Texter Premiere Golden Retrievers, puppies for sale in Orange County, Southern California

*Promise Goldens -- Judy Inman A PROMISE KENNELS

*Quailwood Goldens -- Marjorie Blake (PM me for contact info)

Royal Goldens -- Â*Â*Â*Â* Royal Golden Retrievers - Home

*Ridgeview Goldens -- Melissa Simpson (not currently breeding as of this writing)

Saddle Creek Farms Goldens -- Golden Retriever Breeder, English Crème and American Puppies For Sale

Scott's 24kt Goldens -- Joanne Scott 24K Goldens: Champion Golden Retrievers

Shadalane Goldens -- Shadalane Golden Retrievers (See threads about this breeder)

*Season's Goldens -- Paula Rowan (Reachable through GRCGLA or 24kt Goldens, or PM me for contact info)

Stellar Goldens -- Julia Wolfe & Gael Parks Stellar Home - www.stellargoldens.com

*Sunbeam Goldens -- Cathie Turner Sunbeam Goldens (longtime breeder, conformation show judge of Goldens)

*Tapestry Goldens -- Terrie Johnson, DVM (don't know that she's breeding, but lovely dogs and she is a repro vet)

Trolleycar Goldens -- Miki Shannon Trolleycar Golden Retrievers

*Victory Goldens -- Michelle Moore Vasquez Golden Info, Victory Goldens Aliso Viejo, CA Victory Goldens Home
http://www.victorygoldens.com/

*Wildwest Goldens -- George Joseph Wild West Golden Retrievers

*Woodland Goldens -- Sharon Shilkoff Woodland Golden Retrievers home page

*Wood River Goldens -- Kathie Knittle https://wrgoldens.wordpress.com/

·
Esquire Golden Retrievers
4,869 Posts
Thank you very much. I'm now going to request that the identical thread I started three years ago be locked. I spent a very long time putting that list together. I really appreciate that you have duplicated it so it can continue to educate and stand as a resource for members here.

And thank you for including me, since the mods suddenly deleted me from my own thread, which has been there for three years without a problem, until suddenly today it's a problem for some unknown reason. I truly appreciate your efforts, as I'm sure readers here will appreciate it for years to come.

--Dana

Reactions: kwhit and SheetsSM

·
4,869 Posts
Reactions: A Golden to love

·
155 Posts
Thank you for this, what a great thread!

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
I think some of this information is out of date at this point, so I would refer to the old thread that Dana linked, above.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think some of this information is out of date at this point, so I would refer to the old thread that Dana linked, above.
All I did was copy and paste the original post per Dana. I have no idea what is outdated or not.

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
All I did was copy and paste the original post per Dana. I have no idea what is outdated or not.
Oh totally, I'm just noting it if people are looking. There are breeders I would add to that list at this juncture as well as breeders who are on the list who are no longer actively breeding.

·
4,869 Posts
kwhit, it is possible for you to add Esquire Golden Retrievers website to the list in the initial post? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator Leader
52,742 Posts
kwhit, it is possible for you to add Esquire Golden Retrievers website to the list in the initial post? Thanks.
Are you asking if you can be added to the original thread?

If so, no that thread was closed per your request. No additional posts can be made in it.

Your info is included in the first post of this thread, at least your FB page is which has a link to your website.

Members have 4 hours to edit a post, after that a member cannot make any changes to a post.

·
4,869 Posts
Are you asking if you can be added to the original thread?

If so, no that thread was closed per your request. No additional posts can be made in it.

Your info is included in the first post of this thread.
Thanks. :) Yeah, I was asking about this thread. Thank you for doing it!

OOPS! Now that I look at the first page, only our Facebook page is listed next to our name. Can you or another mod please supplement with the website or just replace the Facebook page with the website? Thanks.

·
4,869 Posts
Would someone kindly post my website in this thread, for Esquire Golden Retrievers? Even though I created this list, the mods have threatened to suspend me if I post my own website address. Some bizarre rule where I can post every breeder in the world's website except my own. And while I asked above for it to be added to the OP, I guess they have declined, concluding that while everyone else gets their website posted, my Facebook page is good enough for me. So, if the OP won't be modified to add my website, would someone kindly post it here?

Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is a great list and I would love to get a puppy soon from a recommended person on the list. Some of the links or facebook links are not working. Also going through most of the sites they don't keep them updated and just the first 5 I picked at random the last litter posts are from 2015 or 2016.. Are these all "active" breeders?

·
4,869 Posts
This is a great list and I would love to get a puppy soon from a recommended person on the list. Some of the links or facebook links are not working. Also going through most of the sites they don't keep them updated and just the first 5 I picked at random the last litter posts are from 2015 or 2016.. Are these all "active" breeders?
Most folks don't keep their websites updated. They are hobbyists, not businesses, and so websites are a low priority. The websites exist primarily to give you a way to contact them and some information about them. Email and/or call each breeder that interests you.

Sorry, there just aren't any shortcuts. It's not as easy as finding litters from unethical greeders, who do maintain it as a business and make it easy for you to know about litters. If you want a well-bred Golden, you have to do the groundwork.

Reactions: Drfuzz

·
Future Golden Dad
62 Posts
As a web developer it is so frustrating to see these terrible out of date web sites. It is so easy these days to have a working up to date website with sites like squarespace, wix, etc.

That being said I thought I'd help this list out, as I found it very helpful, but slightly out of date. Since we can't update the original thread, why don't we just link to a google sheets, that can be edited by the community, so it's always up to date and users don't have to scroll through several pages of posts to find the latest information!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10jgYyejQI8KSbJpkZfdxIIMx-kjPdKjf4bd6kzlO94I/edit?usp=sharing

I think that should work. I just copied info from Dana's great post, only filled in the stuff I knew for sure at the moment. Going to go in and try to filll in the missing gaps. If anyone would like editor access, please let me know and I'll add you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Happy we went with Judy Inman from Promise kennels in Sanger, CA.

WE live in so-cal but drove all the way to get our Simba! 2.5 yeras and going strong!

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
We are getting our boy from Judy and she seems amazing. I can tell she really does care about her dogs and they are all gorgeous!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts