Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
VeeVee and Gabby. We are so sad - we lost VeeVee to cancer on 3.2.2022. New puppy is Breezy
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The reason I am asking is because we lost our five year old girl, VeeVee, yesterday through euthanasia. She was daignosed last Wednesday with Hemophagocytic Histiocytic Sarcoma - commonly known as HHS. From what I read on the Morris Animal Foundation website "there may be a genetic component". I advised the breeder about our girl's diagnosis and subsequent death but didn't get a feeling of concern.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
The reason I am asking is because we lost our five year old girl, VeeVee, yesterday through euthanasia. She was daignosed last Wednesday with Hemophagocytic Histiocytic Sarcoma - commonly known as HHS. From what I read on the Morris Animal Foundation website "there may be a genetic component". I advised the breeder about our girl's diagnosis and subsequent death but didn't get a feeling of concern.
Did you make a k9data.com link for your girl? If you haven't, please do, and list her cause of death there. That will help others to know that this may be in the lines.

·
Registered
VeeVee and Gabby. We are so sad - we lost VeeVee to cancer on 3.2.2022. New puppy is Breezy
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hadn't heard of k9data.com. I think this is a very good idea and I will go to the website. Hopefully it's easy enough for someone like me to figure out how to create a link. I'm not all that computer literate.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's easy but if you need help most here can help
I just did it. It's interesting that none of the other litter mates are in the database. I guess most people, just like me, don't know about k9data.com. I would like to put her photo out there too. Just need to figure out which website to use - photobucket or the other one listed.

thank you!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I just did it. It's interesting that none of the other litter mates are in the database. I guess most people, just like me, don't know about k9data.com. I would like to put her photo out there too. Just need to figure out which website to use - photobucket or the other one listed.

thank you!
I would use imgur, not photobucket personally.

·
Registered
10,673 Posts
I'll try by Sunday to input all the siblings who are registered- and once that's done, you might think about searching FB for those registered names, since people often post to their friends 'meet so and so!' when they get a new puppy. Also consider once I input them if any of their names have a last time in there too, such as Soundview's susie smith...
another way to track down siblings' owners.

·
Registered
10,673 Posts
They are all in K9data now. Couple I can guess at call names but didn't put guesses of course.
Zora is one you might look on FB?
Otherwise, none of them have an ofa record. None have any entries on AKC nor do they have CGCs.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for updating the info. Our girl had her CGC and her Trick Dog Novice Title. We were working on her Intermediate Trick Dog Title in January. It absolutely breaks my heart to see that all of her siblings are alive, when she isn't. I know I should be happy that all of her siblings are alive but I don't understand why she had to get cancer and have her life end at five. Sorry for being so selfish. Thank you again. We're missing her so much. Tears every day.

·
Registered
10,673 Posts
We don't know that they are all alive- I just input the actual dogs themselves, but death date/cod I wouldn't know, none of them even have a OFA record.
You'd have to try to find the owners- or maybe ask the stud dog owner if they have names- some do-

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well the breeder isn't of any help. And the stud dog owner doesn't seem to be of much help either. How were you able to find all the puppies from this litter?

·
Registered
10,673 Posts
There were 12 registered and I input them all to k9data w all the info that I could find. I suggested you google the registered names, since sometimes people intro their dogs, on FB and whatnot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.