Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 10 month old golden named Nala has 2 of these scab-like sores between her front toes and also on her hind legs. The vet gave her Gentamicin/Betamethasone (gen) Spray 240mL, but it doesn't seem to be doing much. She also gave her a CADI (Cytopoint) 40.1-60lb Injection to help with itching or allergies? I don't see her licking her paws as much anymore, but wondering if anyone has experience with redness between toes. She used to be able to go on long walks and now seems very tired and stops frequently. I've uploaded some pictures of what they look like. Has anyone else seen something similar on their golden's paws?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
My old girl had something similar. The vet sprayed Vetricyn in between her toes and put a cone on her to keep her from licking. Healed quickly

·
Premium Member
18,595 Posts
Licking turns the fur red. Usually they lick because of the allergies, their toes itch.

·
Super Moderator
2,375 Posts
i'm wondering if it could be fungal. My girl had a fungal infection and her fur turned red in certain areas ( she wasn't licking). After a course of oral anti fungal meds, her skin resolved and all the redness and scabs disappeared.

·
Registered
9,486 Posts
They're red because she's licking. It's a cycle, you have to break it to stop it. Cytopoint doesn't have a huge success rate, when it works it works well but that's not a big number of dogs. Worst case, you have to cone her- or put something nasty tasting on her feet- benedryl might help w the itching, and a distasteful spray like bitter apple, or yuck spray, or lemon juice or spray right guard ... just til you can get over the repeat of the cycle. .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts