Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He so desperatley wants her to like him! She is just not there yet! He will skooch way down on all fours and just wiggle that little but and all he gets in return is a swat or a hiss or both!

Attachments

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
I'm sure Wilson will win Sophie over in time. He does look like he is trying so hard to be nice to his big sister.

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
The cat will come around...this time next year you can take a picture of the two sleeping together!!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
My cats hate my pup too. They are warming up to him, at least now they aren't swatting at him EVERY time. Just once in a while, lol.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Yes, but he torments them. He wants to play with them so bad that he gets all excited and barks at them. That's definitely the wrong thing to do, lol.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Just wait, I think in time they will get along. May not play but they may surprise you. My cat George and Bama were just like Wilson and Sophie, I think I even have a picture very similar. Now Bama will be on the floor and George will come up and rub on him and lick his face. George does that to all the dogs. My 15 yr cat Samantha lets Joey lick her all over her face.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I am worried what my older golden, Sully, will do when my daughter moves her cat in until their new house is finished. Scotty is a lover, but Sully thinks everything should go in her mouth. Hopefully, your cat will realize the most goldens are just lovers.

·
Registered
274 Posts
It take a while to adjust...but they will!! Good luck :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Poor Wilson! I'm sure Sophie will turn around. She was Mitchell's friend, too, wasn't she?
They were best pals, she would sleep curled up in his legs and she would clean his face. She is warming up to him. Now instead of sitting on the ottoman she is sitting on the floor and hissing and swatting! LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts