Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
3 goldens
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Sophie has been fine ever since she had the seizure. She was even being a silly girl tonight. I use the ceramic pot out of an old crock pot for the water dish--the water stays cooler in it. Well, Moose' eats next to the water bowl and he is bad about taking food out of his food pan and putting it on the floor and then eating it from the floor. Today some how he got a mouth full in the water dish.

Sophie discovered those pieces of kibble floating in the water dish and was putting her snout up to her eyes in the water grabbing those pieces of kibble and eating them. She would loo,, ears perked and then stick her head down in that bowl. Such a silly girl. But she got EVERY piece out...and made a mess on the floor with water dripping from her muzzle.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Sophie

I am so happy to hear that Sophie is alright!
Please give her big kisses and hugs!

·
3 goldens
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks all, and KKaren, I checked out those links. Thank you for the links. Okay, call me paranoid, but I worry about leaving her. I really debated going to church yesterday, but since we would only be gone about an hour and 20 minutes tops, I did go and all was fine--n fact she was still sleeping right where she had been when we left.

But today we will be have to be gone about 3 hours. Jerry has a couple of hard bumps on the back of his had that need to be removed. He gets them from time and the doctor has to cut them out. I forget what t he calls them. Not a tumor but something else. Anyway, in certain areas of the hand I guess they press on nerves becaue Jerry has two that really bother him a lot. So we have to go to town this afternoon to keep the appointment.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Oh I'm so glad Sophie has been ok since the other day.

Hopefully she will just have a little sleep while you're away, 3 hours isn't an overly long time. I have been worried about leaving our Sophie-puppy recently too.

I hope things continue to get better!

·
Glynis
2,534 Posts
So sorry to hear about Sophie's seizure. You may remember that our Harley had a seizure after taking Bravecto and I saw that you mentioned that Sophie had also had Bravecto. You might want to reconsider using Bravecto in the future as it can cause seizures in dogs that are susceptible to them. Fortunately Harley has been seizure free since that one incident. It still remains one of the most terrifying things I have ever been through. I thought we were going to lose him. Good thoughts to you and Sophie.

·
Super Moderator Leader
48,957 Posts
Sophie discovered those pieces of kibble floating in the water dish and was putting her snout up to her eyes in the water grabbing those pieces of kibble and eating them. She would loo,, ears perked and then stick her head down in that bowl. Such a silly girl. But she got EVERY piece out...and made a mess on the floor with water dripping from her muzzle.
What a silly girl, this was funny to read, must have really been funny watching her. Glad to hear she is doing better.

Here is a thread you may want to read, I also moved your thread into the Seizure section, several members have experience with dogs that have had them and may see your thread and comment.

http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com...es/108429-seizures-101-basic-information.html

Has your Vet put Sophie on any meds-sorry if I missed that.

Are you giving Sophie NexGard by any chance? It's not suppose to be good for dogs with seizures.

·
3 goldens
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
He will not put her on meds unlss she starts to have seizures more than once or twice or year, or if they get worse. She is Heartgard for heart worm prevention. I only give them something for fleas/ticks if e see a flea or they act like they have fleas, or we see a tick. Hubby hd a tick on his leg when we gave them the Bravecto a couple fo months ago. But as he said, it mot likely came from the park with all the live oak trees and the pasture next to it with the horse. Moose loves to go that way. Finding a tick on that Great Pyrenees would next to impossible, so we decided to give them the Bravecto. They do both get Cosequin, but have for over a year, and both get fish oil every day as well. Want to start Sophie on Adequan, but a little leery of doing so.

Reactions: CAROLINA MOM

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
I think Bravecto has the same ingredient as Nexgard that can cause neurological side effects. We may never know if that's what caused Archer's seizure, he was on Nexgard for over 6 months before his seizure. But his vet recommended we discontinue using it with him to be safe.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts