Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those of you familiar with some of my recent threads, and those not, I recently lost my beloved Boomer to epilepsy after a 2+ year stint of continuing gran mal seizures, likely not idiopathic. But, not what this post’s about.

As a result of this forum I’ve been united with a 2 year old Golden, local to a breeder in FL (I’m not sure if I can reference their names or violate rules). Hendrix is all I could have ever asked for in another dog, and if not for one of the members cajoling me to rethink not getting another Golden, I’ve have not been united with Hendrix. He’s my constant companion, and yup, he’s at my feet sleeping as I type this response.

But, some advice from someone who’s been there done that, don’t wait to replace a loved one. Waiting will not bring them back nor disrespect them, and you’ll be depriving yourself of the joy of another Golden. And just perhaps, for those more spiritually inclined, I find myself often wondering if ‘Boomer’ is somehow watching all of this . . . as Hendrix seems to have lots of Boomer in him. Then again, that’s why we love the breed so much.

Thanks again to all of you, a few week update and once again united with a loving companion is more than one can wish for.

As an update, Hendrix came from Dane and Vern Gank, in Hawthorne, FL, Wonderland Goldens.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
I'm so glad you got Hendrix and not an Akita! He is gorgeous. I looked at their website and their dogs are beautiful. I feel happy every time I read about you and Hendrix.

·
Super Moderator Leader
46,325 Posts
I agree you can never replace one dog with another, but you can choose to open your heart to another, really happy for you and Hendrix, enjoy every second.

You can post the breeder's name if you wish.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I am so happy for you! I lost my girl to hemangiosarcoma in October. I wish I could get another puppy now, but I am about 2 weeks away from becoming a twin mom (and I already have a 3 year old). So I will have to just be patient and wait until the kids are old enough that I can spend the time to train a puppy properly. But, I totally agree that having another dog really helps you to heal from the loss of a beloved pet! Glad you have him, he’s gorgeous!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts