Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
I am not sure where we are on this problem, but I am still having problems with the site loading very slowly. I usually just give up and try later.

Being as computer literate as I am :no: , it is possible that the problem is with my computer or me. Anyone else still having trouble?

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
I just bought another server guys. I am planning to fire it up on Sunday (24.Sept.05) around late afternoon.
So you should see quite a difference, I hope.
It will be running on a new dual pentium 3.0 server... with lots of memory...
joe

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Yeah, me too. Site is currently running on a server where there is many thousands of unique users a day, so splitting it onto two servers should solve the issue.
And I also ordered another line with 800kb upstream, so more bandwith and more processing power as of Sunday :)
Joe

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Ok, guys, I left Golden Retriever forum on the old server, but moved two very busy sites to a new one. So there should be less traffic and faster response time.
Please test it for couple of days and let me know if it helped.
Joe

·
Old Guy
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Glad to hear that these site lock-ups may be coming to an end finally. Awhile back, I lost one long posting and almost lost another really long reply, both within the same day. After that I just figured I'd stop posting until the problem could be solved. Also it was getting to the point where I couldn't even call up the website without having to re-load the address several times... at times it was taking up to 10 minutes or more just to get the site to load (I'd have to re-load because IE would keep timing-out over and over again).

Anyway, hopefully things will now start getting better...:crossfing

BTW, I'm now having problems with the SpelChek feature... it seems to never quite finish loading.

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
I hope it all be much better now. To me it seems faster already and so far I didn't experience any lock-ups.
Regarding spellcheck, that is a third party feature, and it links to third party website.
So I can't make that any better. I will look into some other options regarding spell check.
Joe

21 - 29 of 29 Posts