Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THis cracked me up, I don't remember which website it was, so my apologies for not attributing it:

"When you bring your new Golden puppy home for the first time, grab a thick newspaper and roll it up tight and hold together with rubber bands. Each time you catch the puppy doing something wrong, grab the rolled up newspaper, whack yourself in the head while saying "wasn't watcing the puppy, wasn't watching the puppy"

This is also paraphrased, but what a HOOT!:p:

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
The funny thing is, that's really true. Pups just don't deserve or need punishment. If they're not getting it, it's our job to adapt, not to resort to something harsh.

I know it's a fun way of illustrating that principle, but it's a lesson people really need to understand.

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
I just got yelled at by my husband for not watching the puppy. We now have a hole in our blanket, and she was laying right next to me. :doh:

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
That is so funny, am now off to find the newspaper to whack hubby's head, he was supposed to be watching our 2 last night whilst I was at dog club and I come home to find one of them (he doesn't know which one) has chewed the ears off one of their stuffed toys and swallowed it. Hmmmmm wonder which is the thickest paper to use

·
rose
497 Posts
try an empty plastic fizzy drinks botlle works just as well lol my JRT still runs a mile unless he is on a river bank then it becomes a toy lol

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
just now saw this, got such a laugh out of it! excellent!

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Too funny...too true

DH has a habit of going to do something in the AM (in the basement or outdoors) and "I" am supposed to watch the puppy.... I AM IN MY UNDERWEAR we don't have any curtains on our back windows. Yesterday he comes upstairs and sure enough Quinn pee'd in the living room. I can't get her to the door to go out. Last week he asked me to watch her, I said put her out first, "she just went", "put her out anyway". He comes back in, she pee'd and pooped. NOW I can watch her. LOL

Ann

·
Registered
303 Posts
I've seen this before too, maybe Golden Retrievers for Dummies. :) When Tucker (our Springer) was a pup he was laying at my hubby's feet while hubby worked on the computer. He got a surprise when the keyboard stopped working because Tucker had chewed through it. I should have used the newspaper then. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts