Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
3 goldens
11,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what it is about Honey but it seems most dogs do not like herl She hit it right off with ours when we adopted her and there was never a problem. Hunter let her her torment him to no end and we actually wished he would snap at her or at least growl to stop her from running up and grabbign one of his back legs and pulling it. We were scared she was going to pull one of his legs out of joint. But he would just sit down til she went on.

She and KayCee were best buds and always together. Buck was old and didn't pay her much attention one way or the other. When we went to Austin 3 years ago to get away from Rita, my brothers Bassette hit it off with kay?Cee, but she jumped on Honey the 2ed day we were there. Made my brother so mad he put Belle outside. Said there was no reason for her to jump on Honey who was justa laying spread eagle on tahe floor wagging her tail.

A short time after that I had her at the vet and we were in the waiting area, again she was spred eagle froggy doggy on the floor when a guy came out of one of the exam rooms with a large fox hound. Honey sarted sweeping the floor with her tail and that growned and leaped at her. Good thing the guy had him on short leash.

About a year ago we were at the vets and a guy had 3 mastiff puppies 9 weeks old in a wire crate. Honey walked up up wagging her tail and one of them jumped up and was wagging tial, but anothr strted snarling and snapping at her--never saw wsuch reaction from such young puppy. The 3rd one just sat watching and didn't show any emothion either way.

The pit bulls that lived catty corner to us (our corner yards meet) use to snarl and try to get at Honey and KayCee (glad they moved). Recently hubby was walking Honey and a young Schnauxxie4 pup (6 months old the owbner said) came running out at HOney, but he was all wiggly butt and was tyrying to [pay with her and she was playing back when owner came running. The put had gotten out the door when their small child went out. He apologized to Jerry, but Jerry said it was okay, the dogs had liked each other.

Then the other day son came over and brought his year old chihuahua and darn if she didn't start snarling at Honey who was just standing there wagging her tail. We just can't figure it out. Honey has reched the point where she doesn't go up to dogs trying to play ike she use to. It seems she is a little leery of themn. Randy was holding his chi whn it started snarling at Honey. Honey was a a good 3 feet away tail wagging, big smile on her face. Guess she thought it was another puppy to play with her.

Honey is such a sweet loving dog and every human who has met has fallen in love with her and many threatened to steal her. She is a favorite at our vets and when we are in there all techs come to give her love. And some dogs have played with her, but it seems many just want to fight her and we can't figure it out. Any ideas?

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I dont think that it was Honey. Chihuahuas are snippy little dogs (sorry if someone here has them) My friend has four chihuahuas and we cant even bring any of our dogs over without one of them snapping at the dogs. Even though I used to babysit one of them and Bama played with him. Some dogs are just more territorial towards their property even when they know people. She sounds like a wonderful girl and if you were near me, she would be more than welcomed to come over and play.

·
3 goldens
11,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tel her they are just jealous because she is so much more beautiful than they are.; I could understand Belle maybe being upset because Honey was in her home, but why just Honey, why not KayCee as well. Made my brother so mad he put HIAS dog ouotside of her OWN HOME. And the foxhound and the mastiff was at the vets, and the chihuahua was in Honey's home.

As I write this my beautiful sweet girl is sleeping on the end of the bed ear me and for once not snoring.l

1 - 3 of 3 Posts