Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
I shoot, they fetch.
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined the forum this week and thought I might share some pictures of the furries from hunting and testing.

Win with some roosters he found

Breeze with her rooster

Breeze with her AKC SH title pass ribbon

Breeze and her summer 2009 ribbons (4 AKC SH, 2 CKC SH, 1 CKC WCX, and 1 HRC Seasoned)

Win going out for a mark in training

Win with a beautiful rooster

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
very cool photos! thanks for sharing them!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
your pups are beautiful.

That photo of breeze #2 makes me smile. It's that guilty sorta face they all have.

Love Wins face.

·
Premium Member
18,458 Posts
Awesome! So great to see them doing what they were bred for and love to do.

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
Those are some awesome looking pups! And welcome to the forum! I must have missed your introduction. Glad to see another field person added to our family. I have a Breeze as well, Porjay's Breeze of Windy Ridge. She, along with my boy, Dooley (Windy Ridge Call of Dooley) will start their hunt test career at the first one we can find within driving distance this Spring.

Where did you find your dog box?

·
the party's crashing us
4,307 Posts
Very cool! Thanks for sharing!
I love seeing HT stuff from other areas of the country (or continent!). What is that white stuff on the ground and those funny looking chickens? :)

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
Great pictures! I love the training in the snow one. And of course all the bird pictures! What good doggies!

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Nice looking dogs.

Are your truck crates custom made? How expensive were they? I love my current crates, but will be getting a different car in another year or two and depending on what I get they might not fit. I hadn't considered custom "crates".

·
I shoot, they fetch.
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the compliments. I show my dogs, but the work comes first! The way I look at it, a retriever that won't retrieve isn't much of a retriever! A few show judges have gone in for more than one squeeze on Winter's tushie since they don't often get their hands on a dog in his condition.

For those who asked about my setup, it is custom made. I am lucky enough to work in a school with trades programs, so they were actually made to fit my truck as part of a senior project in the welding shop. It took a while to get them made but only cost me the value of the materials. Having them custom fabricated at a commercial shop would have cost me 3-4 times the price, I imagine. The dogs are very secure in them, and they are elevated so I can slide wingers, holding blinds, etc underneath. And I can put locks on their doors to keep them secure when we are on the road and I stop for a meal or whatever--I can leave the cap gate up for air and they are still secure. The other bonus--filthy-after-hunting dogs don't get to stink up the passenger cabin!

And Anney, I was actually throwing birds in that white stuff for Fisher's son Crash this afternoon!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Great pictures. Something about the colors in a rooster and how they "go" so well with "gold". Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
What awesome photos of some proud and very fit retrievers!

·
I shoot, they fetch.
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Breeze had one fine summer--love that wall of rosettes!
Thanks--she was a good girl! We hope to add two more CKC SH ribbons and 2 more UKC Seasoned ribbons in the spring. She should have been done her CKC SH this summer as well, but she was in season for the end of July and start of August so we lost a couple of tests!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts