Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had some fun a while back looking up Tucker’s “family” based on his pedigree / paperwork. I’m sure like many .. he has some popular Grandparents / Great grandparents. Using K9 Data, info on his pedigree and online images. LOL. His “parents” first one. “Grandparents” on pops side and “Great grandparent” on pops side. And of course Tucker now 10 months. I’m so smitten with my boy.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s really very neat to see. I joke (as if he can understand) and tell him how he’ll be when he grows up lol

·
Registered
17,236 Posts
Great photos, your boy is stunningly gorgeous!.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you ! I gave him his first trim. At 10 months old I’m taking my time to learn to trim him on my own. Started with doing it on my own kitchen counter lol he’s so good but just barely getting used to getting trimmed up a bit lol. Still as ever at times. Others he fidgets. Admittedly seeing his pops in the other pics I have I feel like they could keep him cleaned up a bit more lol. I notice their fur cab “orange or brown” on elbow and such. Your pup is light cream too! So beautiful.

·
Registered
17,236 Posts
Thank you!, I live in England, so the shades here are nearly always lighter, I love all Goldens but I do have a special fondness for this shade!.

FB_IMG_15342423890412915.jpg

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do too as well. He comes from Ukraine/Russia/France.... (grand parents) and his “champion” lines really show. I didn’t get him for that obviously. But it’s super neat to see. He’s only got some of that faint cream. I think yours is so so gorgeous too. And of course I have my senior she’s a mix I got her 10 years ago from a sticky situation :)

·
Registered
17,236 Posts
Thank you, he was a very special boy. Please keep posting regular photos of your pups, we'd all love to see them here!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I spent 3 months in Europe (Netherlands) a long while back and that’s when I saw the lighter cream in living color so to speak and that’s when I took a liking to the shade. You’re right it was rare I saw a golden much darker than yours over there. Like you I wouldn’t snub my nose for a second for a healthy ANY shade golden but I was blessed to find him here in Texas from a fairly new breeder who got pops from a litter in Ukraine. Healthy. Happy. And my favorite shade. All great !

·
Registered
17,236 Posts
Thank you, it'll be five years in September, I miss him everyday, but hopefully one day we'll have another!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts