Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a softer dried dog food? Have a 9 year old very active, normal weight grand dog. She currently is on Putin’s pro plan.

·
Golden Ret Enthusiast
1,526 Posts
The only way you'll find a "softer" kibble is like to find a kibble that it still being baked and not extruded. What I food is 10% moisture and it's made with the extrusion process at is cooks at very high heat and pressure which make a very hard kibble.

Wellness was a baked kibble like 10 or 12 years ago. Last one I knew that was baked was a kibble from Triumph. Today you'd have to really search for a baked kibble.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only way you'll find a "softer" kibble is like to find a kibble that it still being baked and not extruded. What I food is 10% moisture and it's made with the extrusion process at is cooks at very high heat and pressure which make a very hard kibble.

Wellness was a baked kibble like 10 or 12 years ago. Last one I knew that was baked was a kibble from Triumph. Today you'd have to really search for a baked kibble.
Thank you

·
Registered
6,668 Posts
baked kibbles- Lifes Abundance, Flints River Ranch (not Flint River- but the Ranch version) and I think Avoderm is baked too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts