Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the Pud has always had a touch of spay incontinence. Very infrequent, only about every other month or so, which is why I decided not to put her on any medication for it.

However, it's more likely to happen when we're in a strange place or when she's very pooped out. So last night she had a 'booboo' on the bed in our room at the Fairbanks Super 8, one of the last places in Fairbanks to allow dogs. I go to the reception and ask if I could please have new sheets, because, ahem, I spilled a glass of water on my bed. The lady hands me new sheets with a smile and a VERY knowing look on her face - yeah, it's a doggie hotel; I bet "I spilled a glass of water" is one of the more frequent euphemisms they hear :D

When taking her to parties at friends' houses, I used to follow her around with a glass of water, so I could 'cover up' if necessary. Oh well, I guess I been found out..

·
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, it happens so rarely. If it gets more frequent as she gets older I mught have to get her some huggies...:)

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Poor Pudden, she must have been so embarrassed. Glad that they were so good about it and hopefully it wont change.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have to wonder if those hotel matresses have seen so many 'accidents' over the years that your pet scented previous incidents and felt the need to mark? Just thinking outloud.

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
My daughter's dog Riley has spay incontinence..poor baby has to be on medication..shes been on it for a few years...and she only 5

·
Layla's Momma<3
108 Posts
Poor Pud. Layla peed in the guest bed when my friend and her boyfriend stayed the night. They picked her up to cuddle and she got so excited she peed. She told me her boyfriend often has that effect on dogs...hmmmm.

Pudden's stories are always my favorite.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
We had that happen when Bogey was 12 weeks and traveling with us in Michigan. Probably not very smart on our part, but we did the same thing. Oops! I spilled something!

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
It happens. I'm quite sure they have seen worse :)

On a similar subject, when I was travelling home from the Navy (San Diego to NoVa) in 1990 I had my first Golden, Rusty, with me. He took up most of the front seat of the Pickup (he was a very big boy). We were both pretty miserable so I made the trip in 3 days :)

We did stop one night, in Tennessee. It was a small family owned motel. I asked if they allowed dogs, and she pointed to a sign on the wall. Now, I won't get this right word for word (it's been 18 years), but it said something like:

"A dog has never stolen our towels, plugged up the toilet, broken the TV, or left with the Remote Controls.

Your dog is welcome here, and if he will vouch for you, you are welcome to stay as well"

:)

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Geeee, good thing you didnt find out about it by rolling over in it.

·
My real name is Sandy
2,375 Posts
I sure would not want to be ther person who sleeps on that mattress the next night---pee u.

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
It happens. I'm quite sure they have seen worse :)

On a similar subject, when I was travelling home from the Navy (San Diego to NoVa) in 1990 I had my first Golden, Rusty, with me. He took up most of the front seat of the Pickup (he was a very big boy). We were both pretty miserable so I made the trip in 3 days :)

We did stop one night, in Tennessee. It was a small family owned motel. I asked if they allowed dogs, and she pointed to a sign on the wall. Now, I won't get this right word for word (it's been 18 years), but it said something like:

"A dog has never stolen our towels, plugged up the toilet, broken the TV, or left with the Remote Controls.

Your dog is welcome here, and if he will vouch for you, you are welcome to stay as well"

:)
We stayed in a place in CO with this same sign!!

It's great the hotel worker wasn't upset in the least!

Poor Pudden. She is probably so embarrassed!

·
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I sure would not want to be ther person who sleeps on that mattress the next night---pee u.
LOL - yes, I was that person myself; I turned the mattress around.
She does get embarrassed, but it's quickly forgotten.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts