Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were at a puppy playgroup last night and T-man was boogying hard with a pit bull puppy, chasing balls and each other in a conference room at the SPCA. After about 45 minutes he went over to the door and sat there starting at it intensely.

I brought his leash over and took him outside and lo-and-behold, he had a major poop! We turned to go back in, but he held back and kept sniffing, and then he did a major pee! I was so proud of him! I was pretty sure he'd gotten the concept down about going outside, but this was the firmest proof I've had. A week ago, he would have just squatted where he was and let fly. :uhoh:

I'm sure he's not completely house-trained--he's only 4 months--but I am so encouraged. :)

Next up: will be training him to ring a bell at the back door. Have to start keeping the door shut b/c the weather's cooling off.

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Congratulations Tucker!!! BIG accomplishment for a baby. Mine is 3 mo & while doing well at home, he can and would go wherever when out. Tuckers story gives me hope that our day will come.
Way to go Tuck

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
That is wonderful! How do you train them to ring the bell?

Did you get any pictures of the playing? (hint)

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have seen some instructions online about teaching dogs to ring the bell at the door, so was going to figure all that out. First, I'm going to Joann's fabrics to get the ribbon and some bells. Didn't feel like paying the $20 for the product!

Here are some pictures of the puppies playing. They were the only "large" pups there, so they got a play area all to themselves...Lots of fun to watch them in action.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts