Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I hosted a formal dinner party tonight for my gourmet club and Rookie was soooooo good. I was really proud of him.

I had out the good china, crystal, silver, etc. I cooked a roast beef and there was meat on the counter all afternoon and Rookie never once tried to get up. At one point, I was running around getting ready and there were beef shavings right at the edge of the counter and he did nothing more than sniff at them. And when the guests got here, he didn't jump up on anyone. And then while we were eating, he didn't beg, just laid down quietly at my feet.

Of course, it helped a bit that I took him to the park this morning and let him run around in the snow for an hour or so!

Pics:
1. The dinner table (the theme was A State Dinner, complete with sari-wearing gate crasher!)
2. Rookie catching his breath between bouts of snow zoomies.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
GOOD BOY ROOKIE!!:) I would have been so proud of him too! Your table is just gorgeous, and WOW...that Roast Beef would have been so tempting! I know my three would have definitely been checking out all those wonderful smells! :)
I am so glad you had such a wonderful evening!

·
i lub alda mi prens
1,083 Posts
LOL Love looking at his tracks in the snow. You can see where he ran in a circle, stopped and changed direction. So funny!!

Oh, and the Sari wearing gate crasher.... LMAO

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Your table is beautiful and the roast beef sounds yummy. Way to go Rookie, made your Mom so proud. I love the snow picture of him. Handsome boy.

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
Good boy, Rookie!! :) You must have done a great job with his training, so good for you, too!

Your club sounds like so much fun, and that dinner sure sounds yummy!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Tucker would not have been able to pass up the roast beef-LOL- Great job Rookie! It is so nice when they behave- especially in front of others! So, did you give him some leftovers?

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tucker would not have been able to pass up the roast beef-LOL- Great job Rookie! It is so nice when they behave- especially in front of others! So, did you give him some leftovers?
Absolutely! I aged the roast for a few days before cooking it, so I had to cut off the leathery bits before I put it in the oven. Rookie got some very nice pieces of beef for being such a good boy!!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Way to go Rookie!! I love the picture of him in the snow and your dinner table is beautiful. :) I'll bet your dinner was yummy!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts