Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've hit alot of milestones at our house over the last few weeks......

Firstly, I was finally able to put my two puppies together in the same run with no fighting. Three weeks into it and they've been great.....

Secondly, Lincoln is now sleeping on his big boy pillow in our bedroom. We used to put him in his exercise pen during the night as he is a little on the "hyper" side and we weren't sure he'd stay in one place all night. We're now into week 2 and he's doing great....except for the few times when he's woken up during the night and puts his big ol' paws on the bed and stares at me!!! A pat on the head and a "go to bed" is all he needs and he's back to sleep.

Thirdly...Lincoln again...because he's somewhat more rambunctious than Austin (our other puppy) and he's quite large, he would spend more time confined to a specific area during certain times. He is now allowed more freedom in the house and is doing great...except for the few times he's launched from the floor to the bed...but he's awfully cute when he's doing it!!!

Lastly, I have been having quite the time with Austin walking on his leash. He's been to obedience training twice and did great but get him out on the streets and he's a missile.....especially when he sees a bunny. We've tried a number of collars but nothing seemed to work. Tonight I tried his halti again and after a few successful attempts to get it off, he finally relented and we actually enjoyed a nice peaceful, relaxing walk....the first night in ages my arms didn't hurt!!! I expect him to protest again tomorrow but I'm sure I'll win!!

Reno is our older GR and he just goes with the flow. He's a great big brother and although Lincoln gets on his nerve, he really does love him!!!
He truly adores Austin!!!

We are so proud of our babies and what they've accomplished over the last few weeks......we just love them so much. I just can't imagine not having them in our lives. After our evening walks, all of the dogs like to sit with me in my office while I read the Forum and just plug away on the computer. I wasn't able to get all 3 of them in the pic so here's a picture of our 2 babies getting ready for their snooze....

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
It sounds like everyone is doing really well. Keep up the good work Lincoln. You are making Mom proud. Goodlooking family.

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
Wow - Congrats on the milestones!! Your boys are turning into "men" :D (Sorry, I couldn't resist!) It's so nice once they outgrow certain puppy-like behaviours!

The Halti was a godsend for us as well - walks are now enjoyable for US as well as the dogs, imagine that?!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts