Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
I think I would have gone off on that woman. And when you get that coupon I would take it with your "mutt" and lay that coupon in front of the woman and tell her "the mutt and I are back thanks to your regional manager and if you dont like it, get a job somewhere else.

Sounds like someone needs some edumacation. :) First of all, an employee of a Pet Store calling a GR a MUTT. I agree. Those are a** kicking words. Sounds like someone was told "now these birds are your responsibility and when they get nervous or scared or stressed they screech a lot and we won't be able to sell them. So, keep them calm".
Sounds like an apology from her is due. And yes, I agree with mesuezee, I would go back and back and make sure she get's it.
I would have gone off on her too. And I would have demanded they get the reg manager on the phone right then!! I have done that before in a restaurant. Talk about effective!!!

I would definitely go back to the store, just to let that person know you're not going to be pushed around by them!!! I agree, the birds should be moved if passing dogs are stressing them out... duh!!! Either dogs are welcomed or they are not... that person should not be working there!

yep deffo use the coupons. after all it's a freebie.

if not give them to someone with the largest dog you know. ask them to go in and get the dog to hover around the birds looking hungry, and to mention the last time he seen birds he bent the cage like paper to get them.

and also he goes crazy at hysterical people.

then you need to get a monkey in there somehow and accidently let it slip it's leash. imagine how that would freak her out.

offer to use a skunk as a bait to re capture the monkey and then release that too.

oh she'll be so sorry lmao.

I think you handled it very good, especially that your precious little one was called a mutt and you were yelled at for absolutely no reason. I think my reaction would have been totally different...:D

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.