Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
If it makes you feel better, my dog does that as well. I can at least blame my kids because *they* would sit on the table (why???!?) and he'd follow them. He doesn't do it often anymore, but I have caught him trying....

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
uh-oh. Kinda funny but glad mine have never done that.

·
Debbie624
352 Posts
Oh my, so funny. And cute. Thanks for sharing these pics. My little Coco is so crazy over food, I hope she never does this when she grows up, lol.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Oh my goodness! You have a handful with this one. :smile2: I've never had one on the table, but we had a Beagle years ago that would snatch anything left on the table that he could reach. One time, when our boys were younger and still at home, Barney the Beagle snatched an entire sub sandwich off the table. It was gone in seconds leaving our middle son with his mouth wide open when he realized his sub had disappeared in the time it took him to get a cold drink from the refrigerator. LOL :grin2:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Star Bright on the table

Our past girl Star Bright liked to get up on the table too. She also loved to walk along the top of the couch. When she was grown up we competed in Agility competition together, she Loved it! We made sure to keep the chairs pushed under the table so it was harder for her to get on the table. She never did it as an adult.

Attachments

·
Kate
21,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Should say the same little guy went to his first big boy obedience fun match yesterday. I wasn't sure what to expect since we have just been doing private lessons for the past 6 months + handling classes (conformation). At the privates we practice bits and pieces of everything, so we have never put everything together like we would for a trial. He hasn't even done any figure 8 practice at all.

Oh my goodness, I was so pleased and excited at the match. We did a full run - including off leash heeling and almost full distance recall. His head was up and he watched me the entire time. Stays were rock solid.

I'm almost convinced that our next fun match on Sun (with me hopefully talking a friend into filming with my cell phone so I can show his breeder) will be a complete mess to bring me back down to solid ground again, because wow.... I've been floating. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts