Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So long Rufus. You were truly a beautiful boy. You taught me so much about life that I had forgotten; that it was good to love again, and not to fear even the sadness of death. I happy that you are out of pain and your illness was brief, but I am sad that I won't have to go find one of my shoes that you hid every day, your cold nose nudging me awake every morning and that you never were more than a few feet from my side. I'll miss giving you your morning back scratch, and your enthusiastic greeting when I came home every day. Letting you go was the toughest thing I have done in a long time. I did it for you, I could bear putting you the pain of fighting a disease and leaving you without the mobility and ability to play that you so enjoyed. I miss your companionship, your strength, and your watchful eye over our home and children. I can never replace you Rufus and you will forever be in my heart until we meet again.

Born 9/15/2000
Departed 11/2/2009

Attachments

·
Old Gold is the Best Gold
18,122 Posts
Oh, he was simply stunningly beautiful. His eyes- so full of intelligence and love. I'm terribly sorry for your loss.

I am glad you found us, though so sad for your loss.

·
Luke, Maggie, and Tucker
3,045 Posts
Sending many hugs and prayers your way during this difficult time. Rufus was such a handsome boy.

·
Mom to 1 Human & 1 Dog
1,045 Posts
It sounds like your Rufus was one great dog. He was beautiful. I am so sorry for your loss.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
I'm so sorry. Rufus was a beautiful boy and I can tell how much he was loved. His spirit will always be in your heart. I think you'll find much friendship, support and, I hope, comfort here from many who have walked in your shoes.

·
Tucker - Tanner - Cooper
1,624 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. Play hard at the bridge sweet Rufus.

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
So sorry for your loss of Rufus he is pain free now

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Good bye Rufus. Look for Maxine at the bridge. She has not been there long either.

So sorry this is why you found us here a GRF hope you visit with us and share stories and pictures. We are here to help.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
What a sweet, beautiful, expressive face. I am so sorry for your loss. Godspeed Rufus.

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
I am so very sorry for your loss of Rufus. I know how much you miss him.....I too lost a beloved Golden.....

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
So very sorry for your loss. He was a beauty.

·
where the tails wag
13,384 Posts
So sorry to hear of your loss .. your love for Rufus is so very appearent in your post. I am sure Rufus knows.

He was stunning!
Run softly at the bridge sweet Rufus

1 - 20 of 44 Posts