Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bailey Boy's Pop
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Havent been on in a couple of months....my wife had our baby girl....she is now 7 weeks old. Just wanted to say hello to everyone. My pup, Bailey boy adores her. He sleeps by her bassinet and if she stirs he goes to my wife and nudges her. He also investigates anyone who holds the baby. He is showing some signs of jealousy however. He dug a couple of holes in the yard which he never does. I think he just wanted some attention. Other wise he is adjusting to the baby fine. Anyway hope all is well with everyone.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
It sounds like Bailey is adjusting to the big change well. Be sure to give him some one on owe time when you can. Even some basic obedience few minutes a day will do wonders with making him feel like a useful part of your gang. Would love to see some updated pictures of Bailey and his new baby sister.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Congratulations on the new baby. It sounds like Bailey really loves his little sister.

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
Congratulations on the safe arrival of your baby girl:) It's hard to remember to give the pup lots of attention with all the hubbub of a new family member, so the holes in your yard are the big hint "what about meeeeee?" It's a juggling act for a while, but I'll bet they'll be the best of friends.

·
Bailey Boy's Pop
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea he loves her....when she came home from the hospital he went right up to her and he sniffed, sniffed, big ole kiss right on her head. We don't shelter her from him. We let him sniff her and inspect while we hold her so he isn't afraid or too curious of her. Now he will bring his toys by her and drop them in front of her.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts