Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hayden will normally look at me when she hears the cat and I tell her yes you need to leave him alone.. She really hasn't chased him much at all. YAY!!

Now... if only I can get the Wikki to leave Hayden alone.. lol

The Wikki loves to sneak up on Hayden and just watch her. Once in a while he'll jump out and then run away almost taunting her. :no:

Last night Wikki runs around like a crazy cat then jumps up onto the couch just peering over the back of the couch at the dog. I was waiting for the pounce but he never did. I wish they would play NICE. But I don't know what the cat wants? Does he WANT the dog to chase him?? I'm so confused :(

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
It sure sounds like kitty wants to play!! Otherwise he'd probably be avoiding Hayden at all costs! Cats are so funny... he's trying to pretend he's aloof and doesn't like Hayden but I bet he does!! ;)

·
Winchestersonfieldville
1,328 Posts
Ha ha ha... too funny. That's just like a cat. They like to act all aloof and are so fickle when it comes to what they want. We're dealing with this same thing in our house, but Winchester is still trying to chase Tristan. Ugh!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My DH is out of town so i'm letting Hayden sleep in bed with me.. The first night I had Hayden on my right side then the cat jumped on the bed and slept on my left side. The cat NEVER wants to sleep on the bed!!! Normally he sleeps on the glass entertainment thing where the TV is.
When DH is home the dog sleeps at one end of the room (VERY small room for a master bedroom) and the cat sleeps on the other. Just a few feet apart, looking at each other. lol

I keep wishing we had those collars like they had for the dog in the movie "up". I'd love to hear what they have to say.

I guess i'm going to stop telling hayden to leave the cat alone. Might be bumming the cat out lol
I do still put Hayden out for a bit in the morning so the cat can do his running around without being chased. He's odd and likes to have his morning run. Sounds like he's tearing up the carpet he's so into it. He's 2 years old and still acts like a kitten I love it :)

·
Logan & Lacey in R hearts
1,814 Posts
I think the cat does want to play - even it's by their rules. One of my old cats would play with our first Golden. At first I thought the dog was bothering the cat. So one time inparticular I took the cat away from the dog, (yes, the dog had it pinned down with the cats head in his mouth) and put the cat in the house for some peace and quiet. Low and behold, the next time I turn around I see the cat coming out of the house with a look on it's face as if to say - ok, where are you you mangy mute let's play. After that I just left them alone. The cat can usually get away if it wants to.

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
I do still put Hayden out for a bit in the morning so the cat can do his running around without being chased. He's odd and likes to have his morning run. Sounds like he's tearing up the carpet he's so into it. He's 2 years old and still acts like a kitten I love it :)

The cats I've had have done that too... we used to call it "having The Tornados" :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts