Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a few months ago about possibly getting another dog. I was contemplating on whether or not to adopt or try rescue. I have still been trying to make my mind up when it happened. I came across a dog that I fell in love with. Her name is Lady and she is a yellow lab about 1 year old. I have submitted an application and now I sit here nervously and excited. I need something to take my mind away from constantly looking at my bb to see if the rescue service has emailed back!

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you! We are meeting Lady tomorrow morning (Chloe's coming to meet her too!). Fingers crossed everything goes as planned!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I pray the meet and greet goes well. And that everyone falls in love. Do you have some pictures of her?

Reactions: mudEpawz

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Today went really well! I met Lady and played outside with her. I got a bit of history on her. She was surrendered by a women who witnessed her boyfriend kick her for stealing his bacon. Lady had only lived with that women for a month. Prior to that she was with a family that had no time for her. She was kept in a cage for at least 12 hours a day. Lady lacks some socialization and manners... all of which I am willing to work with her.

After Lady and I hit it off, we introduced her to Chloe. They loved playing with each other in the snow. They were both on leashes and Lady show no signs of aggression. She does play a little rough but I think that is due to her lack of socialization. Chloe was really patient with her.

So.... SHES MINE!!!!! Shes coming home tomorrow night after work!!!!

I posted a picture of her below

:--heart::--heart::--heart:

new little puppy.jpg

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Congratulations, Chloe will be a great sister and teach her the ropes in no time. And thank you for finally giving her a mommy and real love in her furever home. Is she getting a new name?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congratulations, Chloe will be a great sister and teach her the ropes in no time. And thank you for finally giving her a mommy and real love in her furever home. Is she getting a new name?
Thank you! Im both excited and nervous. I hope Chloe adjusts ok... I think that it my biggest concern right now.

I have been considering changing her name. Her "real" name is charlie but the rescue changed it to "Lady". The rescue didnt want to confuse people with her name and gender. She doesnt seem to fit a "Charlie" or a "Lady". I havent settled on a new name yet... I'm actually looking up females names on the internet. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Hmmmm...
How about:

Hope
Grace
Ashley
Addison (Addie for short)

She looks like a Hope to me..
Whatever you choose will be perfect and she and Chloe will be the best of friends.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Introducing Charlie!!!

Today is Charlie's Gotcha Day! The girls had a great time playing in back yard, rolling in mud and getting to know each other. Charlie is very sweet, kind and loving dog. She knows some basic commands (sit, down, paw). She goes into her crate without even a whimper. After 9pm I decided to keep the dogs inside since it was raining and they had been out there for two hours playing. Just before bed she was begging to go out. I caved and let Charlie out only. The poor thing had the runs! I felt so bad for her but bless her for holding it and letting me know that she had to go outside.

I gave the dogs a bath. I thought I would do Chloe first then Charlie... well Charlie had a different idea. I turned on the tap and in a flash Charlie is in the bath tub drinking from the tap and her little tail wagging like crazy. It made me laugh so hard.

I havent decided if we will keep the name Charlie. She seems to know her name. I dont know how difficult it is to change a dogs name once they are farmilar with it.

Anyways, I've attached way to many pictures below.

Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Hi, I'm Wendee
1,733 Posts
She looks so happy! You did a wonderful thing for her and I'm sure she'll pay you back with tons of love for many years to come. I think you could change her name pretty easily if you want to but Charlie is a cute name anyway. Just give her lots of treats and praise when she responds to her new name and she'll catch on in no time. It makes me happy to see a dog that has been through so much get a wonderful forever home.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I missed the pictures originally. Looks like Chloe likes having a sister and Charlie seems very happy. How are things going after a few days?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts