Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today was a much better day.
The handler I had retained for the weekend had a ring conflict, and arranged for someone else to take Tito in the ring.
He showed MUCH better for her. He was a different dog. Not sure why, either, because the original handler is very, very good. I guess it was just a matter of today's handler's ring style being better for Tito.
Anyway, he took 2nd/19 in Open today, and a wonderful RWD to a 4 point major (1 dog short of a 5 point major!). The judge gave him very serious consideration for the major.
So I guess I'll keep him after all.
I also got to meet Rhonda Hovan, you could not meet a more gracious, kind person. I was very impressed with her.

Here are some general photos from the show, taken yesterday, not today. I was so fed up after yesterday I didn't even have my camera today!]
First 2 photos are Tito with his handler.
Next 2 are 19 goldens in the ring at once! In the 3rd photo, you can really see the wide variety of colors represented at these shows. In the 4th photo, Tito is the first dog in line.
5th photo is 90 goldens getting groomed to be ring-ready
last photo is the dogs just chilling out waiting their turn to visit with the judge. The dog in front of Tito (closer to the camera) is the one that beat him for the major today.

Attachments

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
A new day has obviously improved everyone's mood and performance:) Interesting that there's a very red dog in that group shot; I never see a golden that dark inb shows around here. Go, Team Tito!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There were quite a few dark dogs there, the word was out that the judging panel this weekend didn't care about color. It was rather nice to see. A very dark dog won the major on Friday I think it was, and a fairly dark (nice Starlight son) won the major yesterday. A very light dog today.

A new day has obviously improved everyone's mood and performance:) Interesting that there's a very red dog in that group shot; I never see a golden that dark inb shows around here. Go, Team Tito!

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Well done Tito!

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Yeah! Tito!!

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
Well there you go, Tito is a keeper after all. However if you ever feel he needs a change in climate, you can send him to me! He is beautiful! Great Job! RWD is nothing to shake a stick at!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I took a look at that ring...and, honestly, I think my idea of heaven is that many Goldens together in one place!!!!!!!!!! Oooooooooooo, I love them soooooo!!!!!!!!!!

·
the party's crashing us
4,476 Posts
Loved the pictures! Looks like a wonderful show site as well. Congrats!

·
Registered
958 Posts
Congrats Team Tito.

I'm really jealous of you twice here. First you got to hang out with that wonderful "sea of gold" and the to top it off you got to meet Rhonda. She lives less than 2 hours from me and I've never had a chance to meet her. Maybe someday.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
She won the major on Saturday and finished her little bitch, "Pi". I went up and introduced myself and congratulated her. Asked her about the Starlight Fund.
As I said, you could NOT meet a more kind, gracious, personable person. Not only am I overwhelmed with all she has done for the golden breed, I am very impressed with her on a personal level.

Congrats Team Tito.

I'm really jealous of you twice here. First you got to hang out with that wonderful "sea of gold" and the to top it off you got to meet Rhonda. She lives less than 2 hours from me and I've never had a chance to meet her. Maybe someday.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
It sounds like your weekend turned around very well.
Congratulations! Tito sure is a goood looking hunk!

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Way to go Tito!!! I am glad goldens with color get used. I saw a show a year or so ago the dogs were practically "white". They are goldens come on.

Tito looks the best to me in the pictures too bad I can't judge. :p:

Ann

·
Registered
31 Posts
1. It was not just a "RWD" it was a "MAJOR RWD" !:) I had to be reminded of that when Gunnar won a "MAJOR RWD".

2. Where in Indy were you? I lived there for 10 years. Until we moved to Minnesota. My wife is from MN.

3. I know the handler that is standing next to Tito and your handler in the last photo. She is from MN and shows here alot. Really nice.

Good luck with him. We felt the same way you did with Gunnar, but to our luck not as long as you have felt the frustrations. So we just put him up for a few shows and then put him back out when we were ready. So have some patience and sometimes it is best to just take some time off too. for your sanity. ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts