Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! I have had a very hard time finding good breeders in SoCal. I am looking for a breeder that follows the GR standards. Has anyone had good luck with any breeder out here? I’m willing to travel pretty much anywhere in CALI or Arizona. If I can’t find one in these areas, I’ll fly to get a puppy. Any recommendations would be wonderful as I’d like to visit the breeder before taking home my forever pup. Thank you!!

·
Registered
4,188 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here's the link to breeder referrals from the Golden Retriever Club of Greater Los Angeles.

https://www.grcgla.org/breeders-referral

Even if none of these breeders have puppies right now, they might be able to help you find a breeder that does.

Also the Golden Retriever Club of America National Specialty will be in Ontario, California later this year -- in October. Many golden retriever breeders from all over the United States will be at the show. As you research, if you find a breeder from out of the area that you are interested in, you might be able to meet them in person in October.

·
Registered
7,641 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,287 Posts
Once you find a few breeders who consistently do what you're looking for (e.g., In my case, I want one that follows the COE and occasionally makes an older puppy available.), then I recommend following their facebook pages. I find Facebook pages tend to be more frequently updated and if the breeder has a puppy (young or older) become available at the last minute it's often mentioned on there rather than the website. Additionally, it gives you the opportunity to interact with the breeder in a friendly (often happy) setting which builds rapport so the next time the breeder has a litter and sees your application, they can remember, "Oh, that's that nice person with whom I interact on FB." Every little advantage can help when you're looking for a well-bred puppy.

·
Esquire Golden Retrievers
4,201 Posts
Once you find a few breeders who consistently do what you're looking for (e.g., In my case, I want one that follows the COE and occasionally makes an older puppy available.), then I recommend following their facebook pages. I find Facebook pages tend to be more frequently updated and if the breeder has a puppy (young or older) become available at the last minute it's often mentioned on there rather than the website. Additionally, it gives you the opportunity to interact with the breeder in a friendly (often happy) setting which builds rapport so the next time the breeder has a litter and sees your application, they can remember, "Oh, that's that nice person with whom I interact on FB." Every little advantage can help when you're looking for a well-bred puppy.
^^^^ I think this is truly excellent advice. It would certainly work well with me, anyway. Good post!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts