Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

So I am 4 days out from getting my new puppy this Saturday. I went ahead and ordered him a Snuggle Puppy. Has anyone had experience with this product? If so was it useful and did it help your puppy to sleep better and be more calm? I am trying to do everything I can to make sure this baby is as happy as a clam. 馃構

Super Moderator Leader
There have been several members over the years that have used one and it really helped their pup.

If you do a search for Snuggle Puppy the threads should come up.

Registered
Not an official snuggle puppy, but when we brought Parker home at 8 weeks he was very shy and would not get out of the soft crate that we used in the car for the ride home. We brought out a stuffed golden retriever toy that I had been given years ago by a family member and he all the sudden came out of his crate and started playing with it. We left it in his crate at night and he seemed to love it. Now he鈥檚 almost 8 months and I think I鈥檓 more attached to it than he is. We keep it up so he doesn鈥檛 pull all the hair off it like he loves to do.

Registered
Didn鈥檛 use it with Stella. Her crate was the one place she willingly went on her own and settled herself. Who knows with the one I鈥檒l be bringing home soon. I鈥檓 sure she鈥檒l have her big sister checking on her until I block her from getting to her at night! Lol

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome! Thanks everyone. I bought it on a whim because of the reviews and now I'm so glad I did! 馃槉

Super Moderator
Denver LOVED the snuggle puppy. He cuddled up to it each night in his crate. We made sure to take it away during the day, and only gave it to him when he was in his crate, so he didn't have it as a toy. I recommend it!

Registered
We got a Snuggle puppy but we picked Rukie up in June and the breeder said don't use the heat pack, he'll be too hot and then we forgot to put the heartbeat in. We let the mom and siblings crawl and lay all over it so it had their scent on it and he did really well settling in the first few nights. In hindsight, any stuffed animal would have worked for a summer puppy.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for your experiences! I am going to bring it with me to the breeder to get all the scents on it. It's also machine washable! 馃榿

Registered
We used one and it was one of the very few toys Luna wouldn't try to tear open. Definitely recommend leaving it with momma and puppies to get the comforting smells on it.

Registered
My breeder sent me a list that had the snuggle puppy on it so I bought it. I brought blankets to the meet and greet to have for when he comes home and then I will bust out the snuggle puppy to use. I hope he likes it!

Registered
Ask your breeder if they鈥檙e sending something home with puppy. Mine came with a pillow pet that was with all of them. Some of her siblings still have theirs. Mine got thrown in the trash last month after she finished him off.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Such cute pics 馃槏

I'll make sure to update this thread with my boy and his Snuggle Puppy!!馃惗馃槉馃惗馃槉

Registered
I'm picking up my puppy a week from this Friday and I bought a Snuggle Puppy. I realize it is hit or miss as to whether he likes it for snuggle time or a chew item, but I will say I enjoy holding it with the heartbeat on. 馃槄 It's very cute.

Registered
Never used one. We had a little "security blanket" that was rubbed on mom and babies that he slept with along with his teddy bear.

Registered
We used it! Our Lando was a great crate sleeper right from the start鈥攚ould cry for max 5 minutes before passing out. The heartbeat was super comforting, I think. Even now, a year and a half later, it鈥檚 the only stuffed animal he hasn鈥檛 destroyed. In fact, he grooms it every night!

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
I wanted to wait a few nights before I gave an update on my Snuggle Puppy. I got my smushface 3 days ago and he has had three nights with us and all three nights have been amazing. When he first goes into the crate he might whine for 2 minutes or so but then he is quiet and stays quiet until he has to pee again hours later. I'm not sure if it's the Snuggle Puppy or something else but I'd highly highly highly highly recommend it!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts