Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Chloe and Cedar's Mom
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every winter Chloe loves to go for walks in the snow. But her paws always get balls of snow built up in them! I keep her feet trimmed so the snow doesnt stick to the hair as much, but she still gets it. and during the walk she has to take breaks to pull the snow from her feet! I dont think she will like doggy boots, so id like to try different methods first, then booties last! I went and bought a tiny of paw protector wax. It was $10 for a small tin! Havent tried it yet, but does anyone know any other methods to prevent snow build-up! I was thinking maybe Vaseline! any suggestions out there? I know Im gonna go through this tin of wax in no time and its too pricey!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I saw some sort of spray for the paws which I think I will go look for today at the pet food store.

Cooper used to have some paw wax called "Invisible Boot". Be careful with the wax, especially if you have ceramic or other "slippery" type surfaces. He could not keep his feet under himself while in the house after the paw wax went on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts