Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long do you let your dogs play in the snow? how long is to long?
Cooper turns One Jan 1st. and he absolutly LOVES the snow, he stares out our back window and whines to go play... and when i let him out, he hops around and plays its so cute. but i dont want him to get to cold or something out there. so im just curious! longest ive let him play out there is 30 mins.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
as long as it is not too windy or lower then say 10-20degreesF....then i let them choose....if they are running playing etc....they can stay out...if they stop moving, they come in...

Last winter when Trace was a year old he would go snowshoeing with us for 90 minutes or so on 30+ degree days.

·
Tucker - Tanner - Cooper
1,624 Posts
I agree with Liberty-Me. I also have a Cooper who will be 1 January 31st.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Shanks has just turned 1 and I let him play in the park for a good half hour 45 minutes then take him home and wrap him up in a blanket to keep him warm.. He loves the snow and he loves the warm blanket when he comes in...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I starting bring Tucker skiing with me for at least a couple hours at a time. Its a consistent work out for us so Im sure to bring extra water and calories to keep him warm and energized.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I let him play as long as he wants. He LOVES the snow. He would stay out there all day and all night if I let him. The cold itself isn't an issue. Now that he's older I don't let him run as much as I used to, but that's regardless of the snow.

Sometimes if there's ice and/or water with the snow, I see him holding his feet up, there'll be little ice balls between his toes. I make him come in when that happens.

Have fun!

·
Beau's Mom
435 Posts
Beau will be two in January. He plays in the snow for an hour or more on 30 degree or so days. He has stayed out for longer if hes running around and not cold.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Flora absolutely adores the snow, and would probably spend the night out there if she could. I let her play as long as she likes, but when she comes in I make sure to get the snowballs off of her and dry her paws.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts