Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These two are a combination that Jacey just doesn't seem to like. When I got home for lunch and when I got back home this evening I took Jacey out into the back yard and she had no interest in staying out there. I got her to stay out there long enough to do what she needed to do, but she chose to stay by the door for a couple of minutes before she did. Usually she's all for going out into the yard and running around for awhile.

·
RIP Sweet Skyler
9,306 Posts
I'm pretty sure if I wanted my pack to go out in that they'd mutiny and pack their bags. Soooooooooooo, if you come home and see a bag packed with California decals on the side she's just comeing to visit NorCal pack till springtime!!!

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
We are experiencing the same thing. The dogs want go in and out though. They want to go out and play, until they remember how cold it is.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She did that once to me last week. She wanted to go out and then wanted back in, then back out, and then back in. Today it's just in.

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,076 Posts
Our dogs don't seem to mind either....they ask to go out to play for a bit and I'm usually the one calling them back in.....hardy Canadian boys!!!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Joe loves the cold and the snow. He dives into every snowbank and the other night slid down one a good 25 feet on his back, head first! Poor Sammy, he want to go for a walk but we're not out ten minutes and he is licking his paws. While Joe is throwing himself into the white stuff Sam sits beside me looking like he thinks Joe is crazy and he would rather be at home on the couch!!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
I have the opposite problem, mine don't want to come back in. Even when it's bitterly cold here with minus 25 windchills, blowing snow, the dummies refuse to come back inside. Tito goes out and lies on the patio in the snow, wind howling around him.

·
Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
479 Posts
I made it home safely.... however my road is a solid sheet of ice!!! Someone even abandoned their truck in the middle of the road!!!!!!!

·
The Missouri Crew
13,683 Posts
Mine don't want to come in either....except Hootie.. he would much rather hold the couch down.. the other 3 would rather stay out and play. We had 4 inches of snow and 30 mile an hour winds and they kept on playing.

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Mine don't want to come in either....except Hootie.. he would much rather hold the couch down.. the other 3 would rather stay out and play. We had 4 inches of snow and 30 mile an hour winds and they kept on playing.
Just had MacKenzie out and she did not want to come in! It is awful with the winds right now. She will sit in the snow, with her hind paws in the air, so her paws don't get cold.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm thinking it's not the cold that Jacey minds but it's the wind. My backyard is right next to an open field and it's been pretty windy today.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
It's really windy here, too, we live on a small hill in the middle of a bunch of farm fields and the wind really whips around.
My dummies don't mind the wind. They will stand facing into it for the longest time.
They would also (if I would let them, which I don't) hang their heads out the car window at 60 mph.
BUT turn on a blow dryer....YIKES! Go figure.

I'm thinking it's not the cold that Jacey minds but it's the wind. My backyard is right next to an open field and it's been pretty windy today.

·
Debbie
644 Posts
These two are a combination that Jacey just doesn't seem to like. When I got home for lunch and when I got back home this evening I took Jacey out into the back yard and she had no interest in staying out there. I got her to stay out there long enough to do what she needed to do, but she chose to stay by the door for a couple of minutes before she did. Usually she's all for going out into the yard and running around for awhile.
I gotta tell you that I have a new found respect for all of you who live north of the Florida state line. It has been cold here for an unusually long time. We had a low of 28 this week. We are expecting snow flurries this weekend. I don't know how you do it for 3 and 4 months at a time (and not to mention 3 - 4 feet of snow)! And all the clothes: hats, gloves, scarves, boots (and probably stuff I've never ever heard of) you have to put on....we consider it inconvenient it we have to put on long pants!

On the other hand, I LOVE all the snow pics. The dogs seem to love it too.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
I just figure it like this....
We have 3 months of the year that are just horrible.
YOU have 3 months of the year that are just horrible.
The only difference is, ours are horribly cold, yours are horribly hot!

I gotta tell you that I have a new found respect for all of you who live north of the Florida state line. It has been cold here for an unusually long time. We had a low of 28 this week. We are expecting snow flurries this weekend. I don't know how you do it for 3 and 4 months at a time (and not to mention 3 - 4 feet of snow)! And all the clothes: hats, gloves, scarves, boots (and probably stuff I've never ever heard of) you have to put on....we consider it inconvenient it we have to put on long pants!

On the other hand, I LOVE all the snow pics. The dogs seem to love it too.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I have the opposite problem, mine don't want to come back in. Even when it's bitterly cold here with minus 25 windchills, blowing snow, the dummies refuse to come back inside.

Sounds like Lucy... she LOVES snow!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Trinian loves the snow and cold, too!
Over the past days lake effect snows he wants to go out everytime I get near the door, cahsing snowballs and jumping into the 5 foot snowbanks to get them !
I XC skiied yesterday and he trotted along right with me, loving the cold.
He has a hyper metabolism and his feet are always hot, which is more than I can say for me !!!

·
Debbie
644 Posts
You are spot on with that...as far as the hot goes. And the older I get the less I like it. Fortunately for us we live near the beach so we always have a breeze and it stays a few degrees cooler than the mainland.

BTW...tomorrow the high here will be 42. According to the local weatherman that is 30 degrees below normal for this time of year. Ugh.........

·
Registered
159 Posts
He loves it!

Our 13 month old boy LOVES the snow and the cold. Long after my entire body (in four or five layers of clothing) is numb, he is still rolling and digging and playing in the snow. I'm thinking of skinning him and using him for a coat! (just kidding of course, but I REALLY can't imagine how the cold doesn't affect him at all).

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I kind of get hit with both, July and August can get insanely hot around here.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts