Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Steve & Snoopy
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
9/17/09 - Snoopy is one year old today! I cannot believe it.
Firstly, I am very, very sad to leave the puppy forum. You guys have been such a huge help throughout these past 9 months.

Secondly - can you believe he made it to a year? Back in April when he had his surgery I wasn't sure that he would make it. Everything had been so touch and go for months, but I think we finally have him for a good full life!

His physical development is far behind. I think he is stuck around 5 months and might stay that way. I don't really care how big or little he is. He has put on weight, although his waist is still fairly sunken in. He is a little over 30 lbs. He has some good muscle tome to his chest and legs. His attitude is great and plays like there's no tomorrow. Unfortunately I think his mental development is a bit delayed too - he's still doing young puppy stuff, but is coming along in some areas.

Regardless, like I said - I don't care - he's alive and seems healthy! And the biggest, best news - he is making honest to goodness turds! I would say 70 - 80% of the time!
Here are a couple recent pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
820 Posts
I am new so I missed all the sad news about Snoopy! But he is absoltely beautiful! I am very happy he is healthy and clearly happy!

Happy Birthday Snoopy!

·
Registered
Brady Aedan Finch and Wren
13,698 Posts
Wow - I just read your posts and I must say both you and Snoopy have been on an amazing journey.

Happy 1st birthday Snoopy - doesn't it feel wonderful just to be able to post about this happy day?

·
Steve & Snoopy
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thank you! For anyone who is interested and wasn't here at the time, the original thread about Snoop's illness is here:
http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/showthread.php?t=54496

He had an intussussception which required 2 feet of intestine to be removed back in April. He had been misdiagnosed over & over. I thought he was a goner & had a very hard surgery/recovery. The support of my Vet's office - and especially people here was above & beyond. I will not forget how the people in this forum rallied around him and sent so many good thoughts & prayers our way.

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
*** Happy 1st Birthday Snoopy *** wouldn't worry about his mental attitude they're just like Peter Pan and never grow up anyway

·
Premium Member
16,438 Posts
I can't believe Snoopy is one already! Happy birthday Snoop Doggy Dog, and be forever young. . .

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
WOOOOHOOOO!!!! Happy Birthday Snoopy... You Rock!!

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
*** Happy 1st Birthday Snoopy *** wouldn't worry about his mental attitude they're just like Peter Pan and never grow up anyway
Ain't it the truth?!

Happy Day, SnoopDog....may you have 100 more!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Happy Birthday Snoopy. Sorry for all you've both have gone thru and may

the rest of his long life be worry-free with peace, love, health and happiness!!! :--heart:

·
Tucker - Tanner - Cooper
1,624 Posts
Happy Birthday Snoopy !!

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
Hooray that Snoopy's celebrating his first birthday! He's adorable, and I bet he'll get his big boy manners going soon.

·
and now Chance too!
608 Posts
Happy B-Day Snoopy!!!!

I'm so glad to hear he is doing well. I wouldn't worry about size or anything else. He looks GREAT! And you can tell he's loving life.

Hoping for the best for both of you.

·
love my goofy goldens
2,431 Posts
Happy Birthday, Snoopy! What a great day for you!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts