Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joy upon joy, we opened the curtains to see it is a snow day!! As my school is perched on the top of a hill I just knew I would be off today...no kiddywinks, no school folders at home, so there is only one thing left to do...play in the snow with the dogs of course! I wrapped up for the artic conditions (seriously, only my nose was exposed) and off we went for our walk!

'wooohoooo...snow day' I cried!

ooh mum, I love this white stuff!

I was built for snow you know!

Harry says 'well I bloody wasn't...I have a very sparse covering of hair underneath'

oh well, I will put on a brave face!

This is my 'brave face' says Tilly...he he he
]

I can scale this thing mum (and there was me worried about her sore feet...little monkey was like a mountain goat)

I look very golden in the snow don't I mum!

I can see the homestead, let's be off now, I can't feel my paws!

Last one there's a loser!

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
brilliant, even I couldn't get to work, and Tilly & Harry are sure having a jolly good time. oh and all the schools where we are, are closed due to the snow

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Love the pics and captions Emma the first one of Harry made me laugh out loud, we still haven't got snow here but it is forecast so:crossfing as Honey loves it (Jade not so keen)

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
love that 1st pic of Tilly Emma, and I was just wondering if any of your little pupils ever log on to grf to see what Miss Emma gets up to on her days off ?

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh I tell them in great depth! They know all about Tilly and Harry and I receive many drawings featuring the gruesome twosome...I even like to make up maths and literacy problems about them...when Tilly has rolled in mud what 'wow words' can we use to describe her...disgusting, horrible, smelly, revolting...etc hehehe

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I LOOOOOOOOOOVE the look on Tilly's face in photo #2, that is a happy pup. And Harry running is great as well.
Fun pictures, enjoy your snow.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
One of my sons favorite teachers was one that used stories of her dogs adventures as a part of the lesson plans....
At 22 years old, he STILL talks fondly of her and her dog....

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
Great pictures...Harry needs a coat! My daughter (20) is going to college with the hopes of being a school teacher. Just the other day we were talking about snow days and if teachers enjoy them as much as the students....looking at your post that is a big YES!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
THose are great pictures Emma. Tilly looks so happy to be running and playing in the snow, Harry looks like he is just trying to keep Mom and Tily happy. But I bet inside he was going WOOO HOOO SNOW DAY!!!!

·
Tucker - Tanner - Cooper
1,624 Posts
Love hearing the tales of Tilly and Harry. The looks on her face in the second picture made me giggle. Thanks for sharing and I always look forward to more !

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Gotta love snow days. It looks like Tilly and Harry will be praying for lots more of them before the snow season ends.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
One of my sons favorite teachers was one that used stories of her dogs adventures as a part of the lesson plans....
At 22 years old, he STILL talks fondly of her and her dog....
aw thats lovely!! My class adore ANY snippet of info about my home/family/dogs...I think some of them were suprised that I actually leave the classroom and have a life outside school! They affectionately refer to Harry as 'Bad Harry' as I told them (and showed them the evidence) of the time when Harry pulled a reel of stickers from my bag and ran around the house with them...all their stickers had teeth marks in them!

·
Premium Member
18,638 Posts
That looks like so much fun! Tillie's expression in this pic cracks me up!

·
Winchestersonfieldville
1,328 Posts
Jealous! We are supposed to have snow this time of year and all it's doing is raining... raining... raining.

LOVE LOVE LOVE your pictures though! Those two are so adorable.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
No, not really...a few days a year if we are lucky (or unlucky depending on how you look at it) I have decided that I am still too immature to see the downside of snow!
Darn! I asked because in my fantasy land where I move to England:curtain:, I thought it would snow, but my husband said it doesn't really snow over there. Oh well, it probably snows as much as it does in South Carolina...probably more!

And I think a teacher always appreciates a snow day :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts