Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, hope you had a great thanksgiving holiday.

So winter is finally kicked in and we're noticing a trend with our 5 month old puppy Comet. When we bring him in after a walk in the cold weather - he stinks. He stinks bad for a few minutes!

This will happen even if he's had a bath that morning and is clean.

I couldn't find anything specific on this. Anyone else experience it?

Thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
Every dog I've ever been around smells a little bit after they have been out side. I just say they smell "outdoorsey" but it does go away quick.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I've noticed with Ella she gets a certain smell to her when she has been outside for a while, especially in the cold weather. I just think of it as an outdoor scent. It always goes away after a few minutes so I don't worry out it.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Every dog I've ever been around smells a little bit after they have been out side. I just say they smell "outdoorsey" but it does go away quick.
I agree, especially if it's wet or damp out.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Comes with the Golden! Really though it'll go away quickly, Maverick always smells a bit like the dog park after we come home.

To maintain between his regulars baths, I use a "waterless" bath that keeps him smelling fresh. Been using it for well over a year now and no negative effects, just a good smelling dog afterwards.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts