Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have an almost 7 year old Schnoodle who appears to have a hard (it doesn't move) lump on her very last rib on the left side. It almost feels like part of the bone, but she does not have it on the other side or anywhere else on her body. It's probably 0.5 in. in diameter. She's acting completely normal, except for a limp we've been noticing for the past few months. (left front leg) The limp comes and goes...I'm thinking I should call the vet because of course my mind wanders to cancer....

I know this is really vague, but does anyone have any ideas as to what this might be?

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
I would have it checked out just to be safe. I've been keeping an eye on a lump over my lab's ribcage. I think it's just a fatty tumor (she's 10) because that's what it feels like, but I am making sure that no changes to it occur.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you so much! She does have another little lump on that side, but that one seems to be attached to her skin and i can move it around which makes me think it's just a fatty tumor. This one almost feels like extra bone growth or something...very very hard. I will keep you guys posted!

·
Humankind. Be both.
7,650 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright, she's got an appt. tomorrow. Thank you all!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All the good thoughts worked! Good news...the vet said it's just part of her rib. She's healthy and losing weight. (yay!!) Thank you all so much! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Emma

I am taking Emma to the vet tomorrow morning. I noticed a month ago a large lump on her left side, rear rib cage, She has had numerous fatty tissue lumps, but this one feels different, It is solid, and doesn't move around like the cysts she has had before...Emmma is 11 years old, and I have had her since she was 7 weeks old...she is a part of me...can everyone give me a prayer and wish me luck tomorrow...I lost my previous Golden Retriever, at 11, to bone cancer..is cancer very common with Golden Retrivers..it seems to be common to me..I am rally fearful tey are going to tell me the bad news...I will be shattered..any thoughts?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts