Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! Just noticed tiny black dots/lumps on the back of Penny's upper rear legs. At first examination I thought it just looked like crusted dirt clumps from running around outside but when I run my hand down her leg I can feel that they are bumps. A couple look like scabs almost. It's on both legs at the same place. Sometimes she will chew at that area briefly, but I assumed she just had an itch. It doesn't appear to hurt her when I touch them, but she doesn't particularly like it. Noticed them yesterday for the first time. She is on frontline flea and tic meds, and based on the tics I've found on my previous dogs this really doesn't look like tics and the bumps are too small to be tics (although I could be wrong I suppose). I don't know if she needs to go to the vet or this is something stupid like scabs from scratching or something. I'm probably being hyper sensitive but I'm just always very nervous about anything odd appearing. Has anyone else had experience with something like this? I'm worried! :(:confused:

·
Missing Molly
1,524 Posts
Took her to the vet and it turns out it was just allergies! Pheeww
Glad to hear it was nothing more serious than allergies, but I am also sorry to hear it is allergies. Allergies can be so difficult to deal with. I hope this is just a minor thing for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts