Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Hope everyone and their pets are well.
My 4, almost 5, year old dog Grizzly started limping about 4 days ago on his right hind leg. He weighs about 96 pounds. It’s not that bad at all but he only does it once he gets up from laying down. The limp itself only lasts a couple of steps than he is back to normal. Also something to note is that he doesn’t really limp when he wakes up in the morning, it just becomes more evident as the day goes on. I’m kind of worried and a little confused and was wondering if anyone has some insight to what it could be? I was thinking about taking him to our vet but wanted to wait a few days to see if it would get better with rest. From what I can remember he did not exert himself or do something that directly caused the limping. I checked his paws thoughly and even tried to mimic the pain by slightly running my hands and applying pressure over his foot. What gives?
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
It's really hard to say. I've had dogs limp badly and get well quickly and some that had longer more serious issues. I would definitely go to the vet. If nothing else some anti-inflammatory meds might make him more comfortable. It also would probably be better for his joints if he lost some weight but again, see what the vet thinks. I hope he's feeling better soon.

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,776 Posts
I would call your Vet Clinic, they should advise you what to do.
It could be something minor, he may only need to take it easy for awhile and rest up or it could be more serious.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts