I just got a slicker brush today. After a couple of swipes down Mojo I knew I was in love.
1. Does it hurt them at all? I ran the brush down my arm to see how much it hurt... and it HURT. If I just use normal brushing pressure would it not go through both coats? I don't want to scratch their skin. Mojo didn't seem to mind... in fact, he seemed to really like it.
2. Can you overuse it? I noticed it took a lot of fluffy fur out... I know the Furminator can be overused.
3. Does it damage the coat at all? After I finished brushing him he felt SO AMAZINGLY SOFT.
4. Should I use it before or after his normal pin brush? Does it matter?
5. Should I not use it when he's wet?
6. Are there any parts of him I SHOULDN'T use it on? Feathers or ears or something?
Sorry so many. :doh: Thanks in advance!!