Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this normal? Murphy has been basically sleeping ALL day. I've gotten him up a couple times (other than potty breaks) to play, but it only lasts about 10 minutes then he heads back to sleep. He even skipped breakfast and has only had a little bit of his lunch. He doesn't seem sick, just super tired. Is he having a growth spurt or something? He did hang out with us outside earlier for about an hour, but was just kind of wandering around the yard watching us work, so he really didn't do much to tire himself out.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Puppies do sleep a lot but coupled with not eating probably means a trip to the vet is in order. Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He's not totally turned off by food, just eats a bit then sleeps. For example, if I give him a bully stick he goes to town on it. Usually he eats a big breakfast though, and not today. But I finally did get him to eat his lunch, even though it's kinda late.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Has he had his shots in the last couple of days? Has he had a big day playing the day before? Is there any plants in the back yard that he might have chewed on? I know when they are little they can get tired easy and then sleep. If he isnt better by Monday for a check up.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He must have just been tired because this kid is ripping through the house having a blast now! He ate all his dinner too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts