Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I feel like a new mom. Maybe I am...

Anyways, our Piper is 8 weeks old today. We got her last Wednesday. Over the weekend I got up and took her out 2 times a night. No nighttime accidents at all. She sleeps in a crate in our room. (Also absolutely no crying at night either! What a good girl)

Last night she pooped out asleep on the kitchen floor about 830. I took her up and put her in her crate. My husband got home and took her out around 11PM. Then nothing until he got up and got in the shower at 0600.

Is that ok? I woke up in the middle of the night and thought maybe I should wake her a run her out, but it was warm in bed and and 0 degrees and snowing outside...

TIA

·
Registered
304 Posts
That is wonderful!!! I feel sure she'd let you know by wimpering or whining if she woke & needed out before you got her up! I don't think I"d wake her, just listed for any signs. Sounds like a content tired little pup!

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Gilmour was ok all night long when he was 8 weeks, but I generally didn't go to bed until midnight or so.

My problem now that he is a year old is he folds his front legs back and beaches himself up on my chest like a seal and breathes in my face until I wake up.

Not because he has to go out. Because he wants to play with the ****** cat that's asleep on the living room couch!

If I didn't have to get up every 2 hours for my own reasons we'd be having troubles about this LOL

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Yes its not only OK, it is wonderful!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts