Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

We’re looking to bring a golden retriever to Hawai’i. We have been in contact with Sky Pride Retrievers located in Hillside, NJ.
They sound lovely. However, since we can’t fly out there to meet first, we were wondering if anyone knows anything about them. Their website seems legit but they don’t have a facebook or an instagram page. We are trying to set up a phone call with them; there is no contact # on their website. She does email back promptly with a lot of information, pictures and videos.
We’ve already ran into one scam seller, so we’re trying to be smarter this time around.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
1,384 Posts
It is very good you checked here first! That looks very much like a scam website. One of the "puppies available" is not a Golden.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Sorry, I agree with Tagrenine... I’d put money on this being at best a broker or puppy mill, at at worst, a complete scam. They actually have a ton of dogs on K9Data, but I didn’t see a single one with OFA clearances, or even an AKC #. It looks like most of their breeding age dogs came from Tramin kennels in Ukraine, which is well known for supplying breeding dogs to disreputable breeders here in the US. The final nails in the coffin for me were the puppy pics (do not look well bred, and as mentioned, at least one is not a golden, and it is EXTREMELY unlikely a reputable breeder would advertise puppies like this), and the price, which is so low it makes me suspect a total scam. I’d RUN from this breeder...

·
Super Moderator
1,384 Posts
No to mention some of the "testimonials" on their website LOL. 9 week old puppy 2.5 lbs, another growing like a weed at "4lbs".

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
Realize a Golden puppy right now is at a long wait at best. 50% discount, and free shipping? Nah. Not buying it. If it's not a scam which I feel certain it is- two different grasses, a beige and blue/grey house in the back (and those two colors are never in the same house) and total different type in supposed pups from same litter.. not to mention a price that's 1/3 at best of going cost.. it's a scam. and then there is this: ⭐ Review of Skyprideretrievers.com - Puppyscam.com

If you find a breeder who doesn't list sire X Dam info- they are probably liars and scammers. And if their pups are $700 on PP they are def such.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Stay far away!! This is a scam website. There are no puppies for sale. They just take your money and you’ll never hear from them again. I know this because some of those dogs are puppy pictures of insta-famous dogs. Do your research and find a responsible, ethical breeder. I have some recommendations if you would like.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi!

We’re looking to bring a golden retriever to Hawai’i. We have been in contact with Sky Pride Retrievers located in Hillside, NJ.
They sound lovely. However, since we can’t fly out there to meet first, we were wondering if anyone knows anything about them. Their website seems legit but they don’t have a facebook or an instagram page. We are trying to set up a phone call with them; there is no contact # on their website. She does email back promptly with a lot of information, pictures and videos.
We’ve already ran into one scam seller, so we’re trying to be smarter this time around.

THIS IS A TOTAL SCAM! LAST WEEK THEY STOLE $750 FROM ME FOR A PUPPY I NEVER RECEIVED! SEE MY POST ABOVE.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I WAS SCAMED BY SKY PRIDE RETRIEVERS. Last week we had to put my 14 year old dog down. I was devastated, and wanted a new puppy immediately. Seaching the internet I found Sky Pride Retrivers. On November 13, 2020, I purchased a golden retriever puppy online from them. The purchase price was $700, the puppy was to be shipped via airline from New Jersey to my home in Southern California, and I was told shipping was free. However, I was told that once the puppy arrived at the San Diego airport it would be transported to my home in for an additional $50. I was then contacted by Edgar Rodriguez from Sky Pride, and per his instructions, sent through Venmo $750 to his Venmo account, @RodriguezEdgar16. I was told by Rodriguez to expect further instructions the following morning regarding the delivery, which was scheduled for 4:00 p.m. the next day. On the morning of November 14, 2020, I reveived a telephone call from someone at Express Pet Shipping, email: [email protected], and was told to check my email for further delivery instructions. My email server would not receive the instructions, so they were sent to my husband’s gmail account, which warned the email was coming from a dangerous site. My husband opened it anyway, and the instructions stated I had to rent a thermal electronic crate in order for the puppy to be flown, and wanted me to pay $1000 cash in either gift cards or my Venmo account, in order to proceed with the shipment. The email was very suspicious, and also stated that if we did not pay $1000, we would be guilty of “pet abuse and abandonment which is punishable by law.” My husband called back the shipping company, spoke to someone who would not give his name, and told him we would not be paying $1000 to them, and believed that this was a scam. The man stated that if we paid the $1000, when the puppy was delivered we would be refunded $950 of the amount in cash. After the person hung up the phone, my husband called Rodriguez, told him we suspected this transaction was a fraud, and that we wanted our $750 refunded to my Venmo account. Rodriguez told my husband he only had $500 in his Venmo account, and offered to pay that amount to the shipping company if we would pay the $500 balance, in order to continue with the sale. My husband told Rodriquez we would not pay anything for shipping, as that was not part of the agreement for the purchase of the puppy, and that we wanted our money refunded immediately. Rodriguez said it would take a while to process the refund. After the phone called ended, I texted Rodriguez stating that if I did not receive the money in my Venmo account by the end of the day I would report him to the proper authorities. I have not received any refund, and when I attempted to call Rodriguez the next day, his phone number is no longer in service. It also appears he has deleted his Venmo account. I did call the shipping company again and told the man what happened, and he said the puppy was still in his possession, and he would try to contact Rodriguez. I have not heard back from anyone. I have reported this to Venmo and the FBI.
The email address for Sky Pride Retrievers is [email protected]
The phone number for Express Pet Shipping is (609) 975-5093
The email address for Express Pet Shipping is [email protected] CONTACT ME AT [email protected] AND I WILL PROVIDE THE NAME OF THE WEBSITE.

·
Registered
691 Posts
OP - is there any reason you aren't looking to buy a puppy from a breeder IN Hawaii?? I just did a quick Google and there looks like there is more than one Golden Retriever club in the Hawaiian Islands, which would indicate to me that there must be some breeders on the Islands.

I did a quick search of the forum and found a thread where the following breeders were recommended.
Lei Taft (Big Island of Hawaii)
Sand Dollar Retrievers - Ardie and Susie (Maui)
Cheri Larsen (Maui)
Lynell Taniguchi (Oahu)

They are at least a good place to start (if they don't have litters planned, they may be able to give you more names of reputable breeders to investigate).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi!

They are a total scam! Stay far away!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I WAS SCAMED BY SKY PRIDE RETRIEVERS. Last week we had to put my 14 year old dog down. I was devastated, and wanted a new puppy immediately. Seaching the internet I found Sky Pride Retrivers. On November 13, 2020, I purchased a golden retriever puppy online from them. The purchase price was $700, the puppy was to be shipped via airline from New Jersey to my home in Southern California, and I was told shipping was free. However, I was told that once the puppy arrived at the San Diego airport it would be transported to my home in for an additional $50. I was then contacted by Edgar Rodriguez from Sky Pride, and per his instructions, sent through Venmo $750 to his Venmo account, @RodriguezEdgar16. I was told by Rodriguez to expect further instructions the following morning regarding the delivery, which was scheduled for 4:00 p.m. the next day. On the morning of November 14, 2020, I reveived a telephone call from someone at Express Pet Shipping, email: [email protected], and was told to check my email for further delivery instructions. My email server would not receive the instructions, so they were sent to my husband’s gmail account, which warned the email was coming from a dangerous site. My husband opened it anyway, and the instructions stated I had to rent a thermal electronic crate in order for the puppy to be flown, and wanted me to pay $1000 cash in either gift cards or my Venmo account, in order to proceed with the shipment. The email was very suspicious, and also stated that if we did not pay $1000, we would be guilty of “pet abuse and abandonment which is punishable by law.” My husband called back the shipping company, spoke to someone who would not give his name, and told him we would not be paying $1000 to them, and believed that this was a scam. The man stated that if we paid the $1000, when the puppy was delivered we would be refunded $950 of the amount in cash. After the person hung up the phone, my husband called Rodriguez, told him we suspected this transaction was a fraud, and that we wanted our $750 refunded to my Venmo account. Rodriguez told my husband he only had $500 in his Venmo account, and offered to pay that amount to the shipping company if we would pay the $500 balance, in order to continue with the sale. My husband told Rodriquez we would not pay anything for shipping, as that was not part of the agreement for the purchase of the puppy, and that we wanted our money refunded immediately. Rodriguez said it would take a while to process the refund. After the phone called ended, I texted Rodriguez stating that if I did not receive the money in my Venmo account by the end of the day I would report him to the proper authorities. I have not received any refund, and when I attempted to call Rodriguez the next day, his phone number is no longer in service. It also appears he has deleted his Venmo account. I did call the shipping company again and told the man what happened, and he said the puppy was still in his possession, and he would try to contact Rodriguez. I have not heard back from anyone. I have reported this to Venmo and the FBI.
The email address for Express Pet Shipping is [email protected]

·
Registered
4 Posts
That is almost exactly what they tried to do to me. Report their Venmo account to Venmo. They are already flagged with other complaints.

·
Super Moderator Leader
48,952 Posts
THIS IS A TOTAL SCAM! LAST WEEK THEY STOLE $750 FROM ME FOR A PUPPY I NEVER RECEIVED! SEE MY POST ABOVE.

I am sorry for the loss of your 14 yr old and this happened to you.

I would contact the NJ State Attorney General's office.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The email address for Express Pet Shipping is [email protected] CONTACT ME AT [email protected] AND I WILL PROVIDE THE NAME OF THE WEBSITE.
julie, thank you for your help. I have been searching for a puppy or two since 2 of my 3 golden retrievers passed recently due to age. I am also from So Cal and a female puppy just caught my eye. I'm very aware of these situations and researched everywhere before I sent money. Fortunately, I put the wrong number on the transfer so when the very heavy Accented gentleman became edgy with the payment, I became curious. So I sent them a $200 downpayment that my bank is now pulling back. Its going to take me a month and I'm going to burn their ass. This pisses me off. I'm glad that I didn't tell my kids.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The demand for goldens here vs the amount of breeders/available litters are very lopsided. I don’t think I found Lei Taft, but every other one I reached out to have lists stretching into 2022/23. We were just hoping to get a pup sooner. But you’re right, at this point, I don’t think I’d even be comfortable going with a breeder/seller who we can’t physically check out first.
I will definitely ask the local breeders for recommendations. If we have to wait, we’ll wait. Better safe than sorry.

Someone did recommend NorCal Golden Retriever Rescue (I believe that was the name?) so we will pursue that as well. 🙂

Thank you all for your input. I did find another potential scam that I will post about when I can find the website again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello!
Sky Pride is a TOTAL scam. We lost our 12 year old dog recently and were starting to look for a new puppy. Sky pride never gave us their name. They refused to send us pictures of the dam or sire we requested, which is fishy. They wouldn’t give us a contract which we asked for before wanting our money. They claimed shipping was free, we could have a puppy for $500 and it could arrive by tomorrow night. I immediately stopped the process and researched them further. Ended up here and I’m so glad I did! When I told them I was no longer interest I of course never heard back from them. So sad that people do this to others!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts