Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed something that felt like bumps on the side of my dog's snout. After further inspection and moving away the fur to see what the bumps were the were what appeared to be scabs. I am not sure how long this has been there but the scabby like bumps cover about a 2 inch long area on my dog. Everything looks fine and it has not gotten to where you can notice the problem without pulling the fur back. Has anyone encountered a problem such as this? Could it possibly be an allergy of some sort. I'm going to make a vet appointment ASAP but wanted to see if anyone else has encountered this problem. Thanks in advance the help/advice.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
If it is not bothering your dog ie: he's not scratching at it, or rubbing on the carpets etc or avoiding letting you touch the are then I wouldn't worry too much about it. Getting a vet to have a look is always a good idea if you have concerns.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we have a vet appointment today, just want to put my mind at ease. Hopfully the bill isn't too much :crossfing

·
Registered
639 Posts
We are dealing with some allergy issues (we think) with Ozzy and he gets scabs on near his eyes and a little on his snout...from scratching I assume. However, if yours are healing and he's not really itchy I would probably not worry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts