Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Penny got 4 new stuffies from Santa. She has spent the entire day whimpering at them and gently carrying them around. She even took one outside (I tried to discourage that but she insisted). She took it to her favorite places in the yard, put it down for a few minutes and then went on to her next favorite place. She ended up making her usual circuit of the house...out the back porch and in the front door...with her stuffie in her mouth. I've never her seen her carry a toy before. It sure is cute.

I think she can't believe her luck!

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
That's so sweet and so nurturing of her!

The day our Beau died we needed to get out of the house so we decided to take Barkley to a Petsmart Grand opening. We let him pick out a stuffie and he chose a golden retriever in a baseball uniform. He loved it and carried it everywhere, then, within 24 hours it was missing! We couldn't figure it out until 6 months later. Hubby was cleaning out the flower bed in the back yard and found material coming out of the ground. He started digging and unearthed the toy. We decided Barkley buried it because he treasured it so much!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts