Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My dog started getting runny poo at about 4pm and has been having to go outside frequently. It's 1:30 am and she pooped all over her kennel. She then went and did it on the floor right after. It has a strange smell to it. I don't really know how to explain it. I'm getting worried for her. Sometimes it looks more solid then other times. But then it also comes out completely runny. Otherwise he act normal. Running around and playful. Should I give her more time or take her to a vet tomorrow? Or shoukd I go see an emergency bet clinic?

·
Yuki's mom...Syd
687 Posts
i suggest you take her to the vet.

i cant be of much help but it feels like she has a problem. maybe she ate something which made her tummy upset or she may need deworming or it maybe something else. better check with the vet. also give her some fluids. i hope she gets well soon.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Take her to the vet!
Don't give her/him any food if he/she still has diarrhea. The tummy needs to settle down. If the diarrhea gets blood tinged, you have to take her to an emergency clinic, today.
The putrid smell is normal for upset stomach most of the time. Either way, I would take her to the vet if she is still having diarrhea.
Is she up to date on her vaccinations?

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
I would take her to the vet... the first thing I thought of is parvo, which has a very distinct smell. Please get her there asap!

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Yes, that is right, though no vaccine is truly 100% effective. I have seen pups even up to a year get parvo.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
I would take her to the vet... the first thing I thought of is parvo, which has a very distinct smell. Please get her there asap!

This was my thought. It is urgent that you get her in.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah the smell is what made me nervous but reading online it sounds like parvo has a very distinct foul smell. This isn't like that. It doesn't smell bad it's just... Weird. I took her last night at 3am after he threw up.

I fed her last night after noticing she had diarrhea which definitely didn't help. The vet didn't take any blood samples but my dog is extremely energetic. I was thinking it was stress because my fiancé went on a trip and it started after she was gone. She does love her more then anything. I've got medication for her and some easy bland food for her to eat and am going to bring in a stool sample of she's not better soon.

·
Premium Member
18,421 Posts
I'm glad you went to the vet. I hope she's getting better, I wish they had done a parvo test to rule that out though. Please watch her closely and take her back to the vet is she is still has dirrehea or starts throwing up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts