Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you guys up north have had it worse than us but cold is cold and after 5 inches snow is snow, if you know what I mean!

I am just longing for Spring, 60 degrees, sun and birds singing!
On a rather warm day here , the cardinals are doing their cute mating chirps everywhere. LOVE IT!!!

And I have been thinking of my lilacs blooming. Praying there is no late freeze. :crossfing

I am so jealous of you down south!

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
I feel your pain. Even this 'lover of winter' is ready to greet the sun, the birds, the soft, warm breezes.

We passed a sign by the John Deere dealer that said "Are you ready for winter"? (Okay, they need to change the sign. ) My immediate response was: Nope, but I sure am ready for spring!

I'm ready for the days when I can step out onto the patio with Our Penny in the morning and sip my tea. Even better when it's warm enough to venture into the shade garden and have my morning tea on the swing.

Yep....You bet I'm ready!

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
We have about 2 feet of snow that is melting right now and it's a mess out there....slushy and wet during the day and ice at night. It sucks!

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
We have had a up and down winter here in Dallas. One day it's 90 and the next day it's 30, in February! It's been like this all winter. We have our warm weather gear out as well as our cold gear. It was really warm on Thursday (almost 90) and this morning it was 35 with a wind chill in the teens! I think we can handle it though as they are predicting 70s and 80s all next week. I too am looking forward to the days when it is in the 70s with little humidity in the days and cools to the 40s in the evenings....best of both worlds. They only last about 2 weeks here and then it's hot and humid! Those few days each fall and spring are why we live in Texas!

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We have such a short period of "nice " weather here in NE.! I always ask myslef why I still live here!:doh:

The nice periods are: spring :May till about June 1-15th if we are lucky. Then it gets humid as heck and hot.

Till Oct which is my favorite month. It's cool, vivid blue autumn skies and dry air. Like Colorado. YUMMM Love it.

I know , I should take each day yadayada.
But being a shut in is getting very old!!!

·
I've seen all good people
5,002 Posts
We're supposed to get 3-5 inches of snow starting tomorrow afternoon. YIPEEEE!!! It'll be fun since we really haven't had any in a few years now. Makes me feel like a little kid!

Although I'm sure after a day or two I'll be bitching about it. :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Dallas Gold:

I know exactly what you mean. Here in Austin the weather is the same way. I woke up this morning and had to put on a jacket. Two days ago I was wearing shorts.....this kind of weather will make ppl sick. I'm so ready for the stable 80's lol

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Yes things here in Maine are melting a little but it is just making a big mess out there with all the snow cover we have. I love winter but I'm ready for a break.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
See, I was gonna say something.. but figured it'd just be rubbing everyone's faces in it :curtain:
hahahah, awww I didn't mean to do that!! I was just expressing my sadness for never having even a little bit of snow.
It is supposed to rain again if that makes it any better, although I don't think it does. :(

·
2,472 Posts
winter is just getting into gear. We'll have another 3 months of it. March and April are best: looong daylight, lots of snow. Yippee!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Curse the dark? Or light a candle? I think maybe Pudden's mom has the best outlook here. We have a forecast for 12 to 15 inches tonight and tomorrow -- the storm of the season. Probably won't get that much, but we might as well enjoy what we do get (as if there were a choice?)

·
Jester & Piper's Mom
3,325 Posts
I'll be ready for it to come to an end after this storm we are supposed to get tonight into tomorrow...8"-14". March is definitely coming in like a lion!

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Yea, depending on the track and which tv station you watch, I could get anywhere from 6-15 inches. Talk about hedging your bets... I have had, but Mitch sure hasn't. He loves to roll around in the snow, Hailey just likes to sit or lay down.

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
I know exactly how ya feel, I'm sooooooooooooooo ready for spring.

We just got rid of most of the snow here, enjoyed a couple of good days, and now it's snowing and when all is said n done, we could end up with 5-18" depending on who ya listen to, YUCK!!! :yuck:

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
Yea, depending on the track and which tv station you watch, I could get anywhere from 6-15 inches. Talk about hedging your bets... I have had, but Mitch sure hasn't. He loves to roll around in the snow, Hailey just likes to sit or lay down.

LOLOLOL

Yup,was just writing same thing just about.

Puppers will be in their wild snow zoomie moods, lol :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
I am so with you. This past weekend the sun was actually out which is a rare bonus but it was so darn cold that you can't even enjoy it. I want to see my backyard without snow (and now it is all ice) and not have to dig out frozen dog poo. Last week we actually had a couple of warmer days (above zero Celsius) and it must have confused some flowers because we noticed that at one house they had some little white flowers that came up. My daughters and I just stood there staring and longing for spring. Of course now they are frozen flowersicles.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts