Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have any ideas except buying the panel for the crate? the panel is almost as much as the crate was and i just am being cheap. anyone ever devise a way to shrink it? i had a laundry basket in there until this morning and i saw the stinker just went over the top and onto the other side. the reason i want to make it smaller is he is now piddling in there and i dont want him to do that...... he is doing ok during the day(except for the rain we had ugg!) for his age.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
We just put a piece of board in there to make the space smaller. If it's a tight fit and to the top then it should work. Let us know.

·
Registered
21 Posts
we have the little kennel he came in inside in the corner. It leaves Beau just enough room on one side and in front of the little kennel. ( the med pet taxi) he only went once just outside the kennel when my daughter didnt get him to go straight to the door. But now, at 12 weeks, Beau is doin absolutely great. In fact, tonight was my first outdoor soccer game and he loved it! He got to play with kids and balls. He took a 5 minute siesta in the back of our truck until my 4yold daughter HAD to wake him up. But when she left, he just put his head down and continued his sleep. He listens so much better now. HAvent had to do any real hard training yet. Just consistency and making sure the adults in the house do most of the correcting. I am so happy I chose a Golden!! THanks for all the advise and encouragement.

·
<---Bring on the grub!!!!
3,737 Posts
Puppy picture:

:wavey: That sure is a cute picture of your puppy, Beau. My next door neighbor just named his puppy Beau ( a yellow lab ). Whereabouts in Alaska are you located? My son lives in Fairbanks. :wave:

·
<---Bring on the grub!!!!
3,737 Posts
:wave: Hi, I was just reading your other post. How is Beau's diarrhea? I don't want to get off subject but I'll just say that Mojosmum's advice is right on target (about the diarrhea). Cathy

·
Registered
13 Posts
I actually put a cooler (the kind for drinks and picnics) in the back of my pup's crate. Crazy huh, but it works well. My pup has never made a single mess in her crate. Talk about being cheap. :p

·
Registered
526 Posts
I wedged a baby gate into Woody's crate, then just kept moving it back until he was big enough to take up the whole crate. We're not cheap, just creative!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts