Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
I LOVE Isle of Dogs Royal Jelly, although it's pretty expensive. At the bigger shows I always go to the vendor's booth and ask if they have any samples :)

·
Inactive
4,512 Posts
I am using Biogroom protein and lanolin for weekly bathing. When Scout is older and ready for serious showing I may switch to something else for show days. I have heard Isle of Dogs is great!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Yep, just bought a whole bunch of Isle of Dogs products at the Miami show, based on testimony from the GRF and from people who were using it here down south.

·
the party's crashing us
4,420 Posts
I would love for someone to buy me a bunch of Isle of Dogs.
Otherwise my guys are getting the softsoap
haha! :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
i bought some isle of dogs as a thank you gift for my breeder and now she's hooked :)

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
I always go to the vendor's booth and ask them what they recommend for golden retrievers, and of course they always say Royal Jelly. I look at the bottle, comment on the price, and ask if they have any samples.
Never been turned down.
heehee
I especially like the sample packet for travelling to out of town shows, seriously. It's just the right size to bathe him once or twice if I dilute it a lot.

lol! that's a great idea--I'm going to do that at my next show!!

Reactions: Christen113

·
the party's crashing us
4,420 Posts
Super sneaky! I like it :)
Sounds like me at the ProPlan booth. I always get a friend and take them there and have them "convince" the friend to switch to ProPlan. Works like a charm, we get 10,000 samples! yay

Reactions: Christen113

·
Inactive
4,512 Posts
I always go to the vendor's booth and ask them what they recommend for golden retrievers, and of course they always say Royal Jelly. I look at the bottle, comment on the price, and ask if they have any samples.
Never been turned down.
heehee
I especially like the sample packet for travelling to out of town shows, seriously. It's just the right size to bathe him once or twice if I dilute it a lot.
Ok, that's slick. I am going to take pointers from you! (except I don't think I can keep a straight face, LOL)

·
Gone to the Goldens ;)
1,150 Posts
Ok, that's slick. I am going to take pointers from you! (except I don't think I can keep a straight face, LOL)
I have heard that IOD gives generous samples. I will try this too ;)

·
Registered
353 Posts
From the recommendations on this thread, I purchased some IoD Royal Jelly, a bottle of their puppy formula and some of the heavy conditioner.

I also bought some Earthbath Mango tango and Cowboy magic.

So, even though I don't have my pup yet, i'm stocked up on shampoo and can't wait to try all 3. Doggie is gonna be happy and smelllin good!

LOL

Oh and they threw in a whole 10oz. package of "Treat For My Breath" treats for free which I thought was super cool! http://www.iodogs.com/p-365-treatformybreath.aspx

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Hadn't thought of that one....maybe I should give them a business card from my pet hotel and ask for some samples to put out in the lobby....ESPECIALLY of carvers :p:

Super sneaky! I like it :)
Sounds like me at the ProPlan booth. I always get a friend and take them there and have them "convince" the friend to switch to ProPlan. Works like a charm, we get 10,000 samples! yay

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
If you bathe your dog once a week, you must not use topical flea products? I was told that the stuff will wash off if a soap based shampoo is used. Since I don't know which ones are soap and which aren't---I only bathe my dog a few days before I am about to apply the monthly topical flea stuff.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Not sure which topical flea med you use but I'm pretty sure ones like Revolution and Advantage, while applied topically, soak into the blood stream through the skin. I'm not completely sure about that though.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
My vet says that the "cheap" you buy in the pet stores wash off, the good ones like Frontline Plus, Advantix, and Vectra do not.

If you bathe your dog once a week, you must not use topical flea products? I was told that the stuff will wash off if a soap based shampoo is used. Since I don't know which ones are soap and which aren't---I only bathe my dog a few days before I am about to apply the monthly topical flea stuff.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
I use Frontline Plus or K9Advantix but thought any of them washed off so avoided bathing him until right before re-application time

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
Frontline and others of "veterinary quality" are absorbed into the sebaceous glands of the skin. You just can't bathe 1-2 days prior or post bathing.

I love the smell of Isle of Dogs that I have encountered!! Love it!

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Back to the shampoo...has anyone tried Chris Christensen's Gold on Gold shampoo? I use Isle of Dog Royal Jelly and conditioner but my dog's coat seems to look better when I bathe him with Biogroom. Maybe it is his puppy coat or something. But I've wanted to try the Gold on Gold shampoo.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts