Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Should we get another golden

1K views 16 replies 17 participants last post by  janine 
#1 ·
We have a 3 year old female. We are thinking about getting a 8 week old male from the same the same breeder as our female. But we aren't sure if we should get another dog. Our concern is, we are not sure our 3 year old will welcome another dog into the house. Please help. Thank you

#3 ·
We have a 3 year old female. We are thinking about getting a 8 week old male from the same the same breeder as our female. But we aren't sure if we should get another dog. Our concern is, we are not sure our 3 year old will welcome another dog into the house. Please help. Thank you
Pefect timing to add another Golden.

The older girl will no doubt have her moments the first few hours after the pup arrives, but I will bet they'll turn into a rolling continuous wrestling match before the week is out. They'll be having a blast.

#10 ·
Haha I've you're looking to be talked out of getting a second dog - you've come to the WRONG PLACE!!

Tons of people on here would tell you they'd never have just one dog, and a ton more will tell you they would have 2 if they could... I personally LOVE having 2, they are just so much more entertaining if anything...they totally have the coolest relationship with each other, and it's twice the love :)

#14 ·
I've never had a problem with an older Golden taking in a puppy. And I've done it 4 times now.

Well, there was this one incident LOL

When I had Rusty, I got Nikita to be a second Golden for him to have company when I was working during the day. She was about 14 weeks old I think when I brought her home.

She came home in one of those temporary cardboard carriers.

I set it in the middle of the floor.

Rusty circled it about 6 times, sniffing the whole time. Nikki was inside sniffing back.

And then Rusty promptly lifted his leg and pee'd on the box LOL

That was their first and only incident. He was quite happy when she jumped out of the box :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.