Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
where the tails wag
13,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I usually wait until I am probably 95% sure my dog will quality before entering an obedience trial (agility trials, well I sometimes wing it LOL)

Ms Towhee is pretty incredible in most locations, but remains a social butterfly which actually is pretty endearing, but leaves her a tad unpredictable. Her stand for exam, recall, fronts, finishes and stays are all good.

Most of her heeling is very good, although at times she gets distracted.

Anyway, as I mentioned I usually wait for a feeling of confidence, but I also tend to be more focused in training when I have a short term deadline coming up.

Well, I just looked at a premium, for a limited entry indoor, novice ONLY double header trial that is only about an hour and a half from me for Mar 4.

I am seriously considering it - thoughts comments etc?

·
Titan1
2,353 Posts
Boy Sharon, I can't imagine any better conditions to try..FWIW.. I would. You can always pull her from the rest of the weekend if needed... but I am guessing she will do just great!

Reactions: Sunrise

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
My only advice, since this is Flip's auntie we're talking about, is make sure she doesn't want to be a social butterfly with the dogs next to her! HA!

Go for it, I bet she'll do great!

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I say go for it! You still have four months!

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I would go for it. Jackson is also quite the social butterfly but did great in novice. I think she will do really well.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Go for it!!!

·
Loving Flyball
1,626 Posts
It sounds like a great show to brig her out at! I guess I would do it. I can't imagine a novice ONLY show, wow!

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
You have four months to work on the areas she needs work in. GO FOR IT!!!!

We are hoping to get Sasha into a Novice Readiness class this winter!

·
where the tails wag
13,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It sounds like a great show to brig her out at! I guess I would do it. I can't imagine a novice ONLY show, wow!
Well - there is Beginner Novice too :)

I'll have to see about rentals and/or Sho N Gos there since they too are by a train station LOL

·
where the tails wag
13,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okey dokey :) Just sent in the entry.

Plus I signed her up for a few work shops to help get her more used to new people & dogs - she generally only needs a time or two in a new environment to settle in to ignore other people & dogs, but she has not completely generalized the 'here to work' concept.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts